Saturday, May 20, 2006

Hi ya

Thanks for your supportive comments and emails after Thursdays "down" post. Steph got home before I went to bed so I turned the TV and computer off and we sat down and talked and got everything sorted and "kissed and made up" :)

The 2nd day of the course was just as brain draining especially for a Friday afternoon going through the Holidays Act but I must admit the best part was Friday morning when we went through the Parental Leave Act - great timing if I must say so myself :) The food they provided us was great as well. There was the most amazing looking chicken salad both days for lunch but I didn't have any... I stuck to the pizza both days and then on Thursday I had some mini spring rolls and crumbed hot fish pieces as well. Friday it was a piece of pizza along with some bacon and egg pie.

When I got home last night (about 6pm), Steph had done ALL the housework and the house was spick and span :) Was such a nice surprise to come home to that - might have to see if that becomes a regular Friday event but I won't hold my breath :)

We had our scan this morning - am 15 weeks 3 days and all is just fine. Bubs was fast asleep but had a great strong heartbeat which was fantastic to see. S/he was curled up and bum up and showed no sign of moving for us! The sonographer was going to try to find out the sex for us but as bubs was not being very co-operative we have to wait for the next scan in 4 weeks time.

We then went and collected the baby bouncer that we got off Trade Me for $33 - its Winnie the Pooh one and is in excellent condition so am very pleased with that purchase. We do need to sit down with Steph's brother and sister in law to see what they still have from their kids and to see what we can either buy or borrow off them before we go buying to many things. We are going to get a new pram/pushchair though at this stage.

We also popped into the Home Expo that was being held in Petone - got some fantastic ideas but all very costly as well... so will have to add some things to our list of things we want/need to do. Then stopped at Lynaires to pick up our order of Prenzels that she had at her place so had a wee catch up with her and Kev before making tracks home for some lunch.

Just home from the groceries and going to have a quiet night - should go bring in the washing before the sun disappears...

Hope you are all having a good weekend and enjoying the wonderful sunshine.

PS Stopped in at weigh in this morning after the scan since we were more or less right next door to Barbaras place.... thought the scales may have been kinder to me since it was the morning but considering I had just had breakfast and was wearing different clothes.... I gained 1.7 kilos in the last 2wks 2 days... Am ok with that but as I am getting my energy levels back I should be getting back into my walking so that should help with things.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I bet you were over the moon seeing all was well with the scan! How exciting for you both:)

Jaxx said...

Whoohoo about the scan - have a nice sunday

Cheers Jaxx

Chubbymum said...

Woohoo 15 weeks hun that is fantastic... ohhh the little s/he not letting ya see between those legs tut tut he he he hun.

Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Love CM