Saturday, June 17, 2006

Just another quickie to let you all know that the scan went well - we had a great 45mins of bubs and we have decided that for NOW we will keep it quiet as to what "flavour" it is. We do know and we got a great view of its appropiate bits! But I am open to any guesses if you want - and hey you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right! LOL Personally I think it will only be a matter of hours/days before I spill the beans! We are telling any family members who want to know though.

We did have a panic and tears on the way there though as I realised when we were almost at Lower Hutt that I had left the video behind (the one that have the 12wk and 15 wk scans on it) so despite being very pushed for time we made a very quick stop at Pak'n'Save and I rushed in and grabbed a new tape! Phew disaster averted! LOL And we can now get the 2nd video player out and dub this scan onto the other tape!

The sonographer has suggested that I go back in 3 weeks time so hopefully they will get a better shot of the top of the spine as bubs just would not cooperate in that part of the scan! The sonographer is pretty confident all is ok (on the spina bifida side of things) but I need to discuss it with the MW when I see her on Wednesday evening and see what she says. I will also need to go for another one at 32 weeks as I have a low laying placenta but that seems to be a fairly common thing from what I have heard/read... its nothing to worry about and it just gives me another chance to see bubs!

Right time to get moving, groceries, and then home to make the lamb pie for tonight. I will post the Ice Cream cake receipe at some stage soon - it is SOOOO simple to make but will report back tomorrow as to how it tastes! LOL

Catch ya all later and thanks for the support :)

7 comments:

Carla said...

im VERY happy bubs decided to co-operate for you!! im sure its just made your day!!!!!

Kate said...

Yay - I'm so glad it all went well! Just think, it won't be long before you meet this little one for real!

Anne said...

So good to hear all went well:)

Kathryn said...

I am so pleased that all went well for you guys :)

I guess a boy!!!

Lynda said...

I say a boy!! Tell us soon ok? Glad it went well.

Anonymous said...

I guess girl!

Glad everything looks good. It always pays to have a second VHS player for moments like this..hehe.


Hope you enjoyed your Midwinter dinner...you have heaps to celebrate!!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your scan went well, I am guessing a girl! Hope you enjoyed your "Christmas" dinner.