Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006 is almost over...

Hi everyone,

Long time no talk... things have been pretty full on here with all my family in town. Things sure have been full on but so much fun too!!!

We had Rachels christening today - all went well and we were lucky enough that the rain held off for most of the day so the kids were able to play outside at our place afterwards (and we do only have a small house with all of the above ppl there as well as Steph's family and a few friends). Rachel was well behaved and didn't even cry when the water was poured over her head - thats my girl! :) She only started crying at the end when all the photos were being taken - damn paparazi! LOL Will post a photo of her in her gown (that is at least 25 years old) once I get hold of one - none taken on our camera - but no doubt the bros will send them through once they are downloaded off their cameras.

I have had a few glasses of bubbly today and feel quite light headed and funny now... so Steph is looking after Rachel this evening! Think I may even head to bed soonish and let Steph settle her etc... and then I will do the night feed.

We are going to spend New Years with the family (of course) before they start heading back to their respective countries and homes so no doubt it will be rowdy but lots of fun! But bags not drinking! LOL We are spending the night there so neither of us have to drive home again.

2006 sure has been an eventful year for us starting off with the sad death of our very special friend Jude on my Mums birthday and her funeral on my birthday. Then getting pregnant the following month... so of course that led to the next 9mths being pregnant and reaching each milestone after the two miscarriages in 2005. Throughout the year there have been a number of blogger babies arrive and as much as I think I can name them all I would hate to leave any one out :) Then of course there was the arrival of Rachel Judith 8 weeks ago and boy has our life changed since then! LOL

May 2007 bring us all many joys and celebrations and may we all acheive what we set out to acheive. For me it will be returning to work and managing to be a mum at the same time and to start work on slowly getting rid of my excess weight that I am still carrying. I am still about 9 kilos heavier than I was pre pregnancy so need to get some of my good habits back again before I lose them totally! :) I am walking quite a bit though - would LOVE to get back to the gym but the $$$ just don't allow me to so might have to take Sue up on her offer of doing me a home programme :)

I doubt I will post again before heading to Mums tomorrow so I would like to wish you all and your loved ones a Happy and Safe New Year. Talk to you all next year :)

Bye for now...

2 comments:

Kate said...

Happy New Year to you too! I hope 2007 is great for you :-)

Thanks very much for all your friendship and support this year, I appreciate it so much.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you and your family and this year is going to be a fantastic one.

Love CM