Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hi ya

Just thought I would do a quick update before heading off to bed and considering I have been awake since 4am I am now pretty shattered!

Work has been real busy yesterday and today with close off for our fortnightly payroll and then tomorrow we have a morning seminar with the payroll company about year end stuff and also covering the 3 to 4 week leave situation again.

Rachel still has a cough and a bit snuffly.... so we are off to the Drs again tomorrow evening as I really am quite worried about how deep her cough is at times! And the discomfort it causes her as well is not nice. She can sleep through it when she coughs during the night however I wake at every cough and depending on how "bad" it is I will get up and check on her (hence the early wake up call this morning). I spoke to a pharmacist this morning (whom I used to go to all the time in my old job) and unfortunately as Rachel is under 2 yrs old they are unable to sell me anything over the counter for her. So am going to really push the Dr for something to ease the coughing... We are using Karvol in her cot (both at home and at daycare) and that is really helping her breath a lot easier which in turn is assisting her in sleeping better.

I thought I had gotten over my cold but it seems to be coming back as today I have had the sniffles again along with the continuous tickle in my throat. Steph also has a cold now :(

Rachel and I went out for a nice walk on Saturday morning as after I had given her her bottle at 7am I felt this strong urge to get out walking so I put Rachel in the pram and went off for a brisk 45 min walk and was hoping that Rachel would fall asleep and have her morning sleep in the pram however she did only sleep for 10 mins of the whole walk! But the walk was fantastic and I felt great for doing it!

We are doing well in the mornings with our routine and dropping her off at Daycare. I spend about 20 mins there with her each morning which is great. Apparently they got some great photos of her today (which I will check out tomorrow) so I will ask them if they can email them through to me to share with you all and the family.

Anyway, its now almost 10pm and I am starting to fall asleep so best I get to bed and really hope Rachel has a better nights sleep with not too much coughing so mummy can get a good nights sleep too...

Ciao for now

5 comments:

Chris H said...

You poor buggers! It's not nice having a cold, let alone Rachel too. I hope the doctor can give you something to help with baby's cough.

Sue said...

Summer colds always feel worse, don't they? Hope all of you are better soon.

Anne said...

Hard going with Rachel coughing and you not feeling well. Hope she soon gets better. Good though that your daily routine is working well. Love to see some more photos!

Tania said...

Great to hear that you're settling into your new routine so well! It's so hard when they're sick isn't it? You just worry about them so much, hope you're all feeling better really soon.

Rachel said...

Hope everyone is feeling better now.

Great that you get to spend 20 mins with Rachel at the daycare before you have to leave.

Can't wait for those photo's (hint hint).

The new blogger is horrible and I sometimes can't leave messages but I am always her reading....bye:)