Friday, August 24, 2007

Just cause I can...

See Mum - I can read!!!


After a day of hard play at day care!


Peek-a-boo I see you!


In one of my fav places - under the coffee table!


Just thought I would share some photos while I had the time to do it... am at home today as I have got a nasty sore throat and a headache that keeps coming and going and am a bit snuffly too! Felt yucky all day yesterday but just plodded on but I had a real crap night last night (as did Rachel) and woke and could hardly swallow and ached everywhere! So decided that the best place for me was bed! So struggled around this morning and got Rachel off to day care (Steph would have done it for me and got to work later but he had to open up for the day)... once Rachel had been dropped off it was straight back to bed for me for 3 hours! Felt a bit better then and after a nice hot shower I felt a little bit better yet again. So finally had something to eat a wee while ago (2 min noodles) and have just been sipping away on my water bottle while blobbing out.

I think Rachel may be coming down with it too as I had to wipe her nose just before we left for daycare and she had been coughing quite a bit last night despite the vapouriser going and having a dose of some medicine. Typical that we get sick just as we have a family lunch to go to on Sunday though if either (or both) myself or Rachel are not well on Sunday we won't be going anywhere as we certainly don't want to spread our germies around.

Now some opinions please... we got a permission slip yesterday from day care saying that the nursery room (where Rachel is) are going to do a trip to Te Papa for a story book session. They are going in the official van which holds car seats etc but Rachel is the only one there who is still in a rear facing car seat so my concern is can vans have rear facing seats in them? And would there be a place for tether straps? Yeah I know I will ask day care those questions as well... but I am wondering if I am just being to paranoid or what? My personal opinion is that she is to young for this sort of trip as yet - yes we read to her (not as much as we should) but she is more interested in eating the books etc rather than listening to it. I think I will ask for her to stay behind a the centre or is that just being mean? Oh it is also right in the middle of when she normally has her morning sleep... and she really is still to young to realise that she has been left behind so to speak... yes she will know that most/all of her friends aren't there but she will be having fun with the next room which she just loves cause they have lovebirds in there! So what do you gals think?

Oh we booked tickets to Christchurch last night getting CHEAP fares on the new Pacific Blue airline! Worked out it was so much easier to do that and book a rental car rather than the 3 hrs on the ferry, petrol to and from Picton etc... So we are heading down lunchtime on Boxing Day and then come back lunchtime on the 2nd Jan :) So yes Paula - we are coming down so look out!!! Will drop you an email to give you more details but hopefully your offer still stands :)

Before I disappear, after a few emails to Janene yesterday, I have decided to give Reductil a go to give me a boost in the right direction. So just need to make the Drs appointment and go from there.... but am looking forward to it. Have done some research on the net and all looks ok :)

Right, time I was moving... catch ya all later.

13 comments:

Lil said...

Gorgeous photos! With regards to the excursion at day care, I would say if you don't want her going, then don't send her. I haven't got kids but that is just my opinion. She's not going to realise. She would probably prefer to get her morning sleep! Hope you're feeling better soon.
Lil x

Kate said...

I think I wouldn't reaaaaally be happy with either of my girls going. Trust your instincts :-)

And look at your girl growing up so fast!

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Tania said...

Oh isn't she just a treat!!! I love the daycare clothes look - amazing how they get so dirty there ... NOT!!!

I don't think i'd be happy with my baby going on a trip like that, I think it's a matter of personal opinion and as you said she's not going to know she's missing out.

As to Reductil - I took it for a while and it worked well for me. Unfortunately after my miscarriages I was recommended to keep clear of any unnecessary medications until I finished my family. Hope it gives you that kick start you're looking for and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Paula said...

Love the photos! Rachel is growing up so fast.

Of course our offer still stands - we'd love you have you all stay with us when you're down this way - consider your reservation confirmed!

Sorry, I can't give you any advice on the daycare trip - just go with what feels right to you.

Have a great weekend.

Paula (Christchurch)

Chris H said...

I certainly don't think it is necessary for Rachel to go on the trip, she is too young for it to matter to her! She is too young to even notice she did or did not go! As for the car seat, they usually can be fitted in a van, but as I said, it is not really essential she goes! Glad you are going to give reductil a go, it certainly can only help.

Anne said...

Aww - so cute, growing so fast!

I can't see the point in a baby that age visiting Te Papa - she really wouldn't get anything much out of it at such an young age.

Good on you going for the Reductil!

leanne said...

Hi there
I am on antidepressant medication as well and have been told that can not take reductil with this medication might pay to check with your chemist first
Take care

Anonymous said...

I think that she is a little young to really appreciate any of what would be going on anyway and I think at that age their nap time is always 1st priority. Once they get out of routine it's so hard to get them back into one. I don't think she'll hold it against you if she stays behind!! XX

Chubbymum said...

Hun.. what happened to the post you did on Tuesday?

Is everything ok?

Chubbymum

Jules said...

I definitely don't see the point of Rach going on the trip. It's unnecessary break from her routine for something that she wouldn't benefit from.

Lv the photo of her peering behind the magazine, so reminds me of an old man peering from behind his newspaper at somebody who has broken his concentration.

Anne said...

Did miss seeing you on the Sunday get together last weekend. Not quite the same without Karen (and of course Rachel!) Hope all is well in your world?

Lyn said...

Awww thanks for posting pics of your beautiful girl!!! She is growing up so fast!!!

Hope your feeling better real soon! Take care chick!

Jaxx said...

Wow she is growing so fast thanks for sharing the pics. Have an awesome weekend

Jaxx