Monday, March 10, 2008

Another bad week weight wise... have offically pulled out of the 12 week challenge on the parenting forum as the graph was looking real bad for me! But am going to try to continue it on here - just didn't want all those other mums etc who I don't know that well seeing how badly I am doing!! Had another gain - this week it was 400gms! Not going to dwell on it - just move on and TRY to do better. One day I will get there.

Had another open home on Sunday - no one through this week but out of the 7 or so open homes our agent had - three of them had no one through so we don't feel to bad about it. These things take time (like Chris H knows too well)... and am sure the right buyer will come around sooner (rather than later).

We went up to Mum's during the open home to take her out for lunch to say a big thank you to her for helping me declutter and clean the house. We went to a lovely cafe around the corner from Mums and had a lovely lunch. Both Steph and Mum had the fish of the day while I had the specialty burger which was fantastic!

Work is full on as usual - didn't help matters being away sick on Friday so things just piled up for me! I do wonder about the "Team Work" motto we are supposed to have in our team at times! But never mind I am over that already... Have heard rumors that there may be a sole charge Payroll position coming up fairly locally so am keeping my eyes and ears open on that one as that would be fantastic!

Rachel is doing really well - 3 (maybe 4) teeth coming through so they are causing her a bit of discomfort. She learnt how to climb on the coffee table this evening while we were having tea!! She has been trying for some time but hadn't been able to get her leg right up - but tonight she succeeded and thought she was so funny doing it! I did finally take some photos of her at the weekend so now I just have to download them...

Am out tomorrow night at the Parents Center AGM - am not taking on any new positions as the Funding Officer role is more than sufficient for me at the moment. Then Steph has his rifle club AGM on Thursday so a busy week for us.

Anyway, time to go hang out the washing and then make Rachel's lunch - catch ya all later

4 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Karen

I can fully understand the frustration around the weight issues. You've got a lot on your plate right now with selling your house, which won't be helping. When the time is right, it will happen.

Fingers crossed for that job you've heard about - hopefully it will be all yours (unless of course you find one in Christchurch in the meantime??*grin*).

I hope the rest of your week gets better.

Cheers,
Paula (Christchurch)

Anne said...

Would love to see some more photos of Rachel!

Chris H said...

Ahh Open Homes, yes I can relate to those! And weight loss issues!!! Hope your next Open Home brings in the buyers!

Tania said...

Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long to find the right buyers for your home! It will make the stress of everything else seem so much smaller.

Don't you just hate teething? It can be so cruel, hope they come through quickly and don't cause Rachel too much discomfort.