Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hi all

I was all ready to update yesterday but as we are on Xtra we were affected by their network problems that they were having last night. Though on saying that I probably didn't really have much to say...

Both Stephan and I are enjoying the banana cake and chocolate muffins (that I made on Sunday) for morning/afternoon tea each day - oh it is so nice eating home cooking. He is requesting I make another banana loaf so MIGHT do that tomorrow night or over the weekend. I am also "craving" cheese scones and was planning on making those tonight but we don't have enough cheese and don't have the energy to go to the Supermarket and don't want to pay diary prices for it!

Work has been pretty full on over the last couple of days but it is our fortnightly close off so thats nothing new really. The temp is only with us for another couple of weeks and apparently she has been offered another role downstairs so we are waiting to hear if she will take that. The role she is filling in our team is being advertised next week - and it will be a permanent position this time so hopefully we will get someone great in our team.

I won an auction on Sunday night on Trade Me for a baby bouncer so we will be picking that up on Saturday morning after we have our scan. Yeap only 4 more sleeps till we have our next scan for peace of mind... and like a friend said to me I am sure that the build up leading to a scan causes more stress! LOL But we all know everything will be just fine on Saturday and we will see our precious bubba moving around and no doubt it will have grown heaps more in the last 3 weeks.

My eating is not been the best so am trying to kurb it a wee bit before it gets too out of hand. My weight is up about 1 kilo from my last weigh in (almost 2 weeks ago) but still 500gms a week is still too much to gain in my books. I am trying not to worry too much about it but at the same time I don't want to be too relaxed either.

I am trying to find a time that Robyn at the gym is free so I will go and have a chat with her and perhaps see if we can come to some arrangement for me just to use the treadmill and bike a couple times a week but don't want to be doing that and paying the full membership price.

Oh I have been having problems with headaches over the last wee while and apparently it can be quite a common thing to go through at this stage of pregnancy. I am limiting the panadol as much as I can and using the cold flannel on the forehead when at home but at work there is not a lot more I can do.

Anyway, enough rambling from me - catch ya all later.

4 comments:

Kate said...

You're the third pregnant girl I've talked to in the last few days who is having headaches! Yucky!! I got them lots at around the 12-15 wk mark with Amelia, and the cold (or frozen) facecloth was the only thing that slightly helped. They are so horrible!!

Yay not long till that scan!!

I've been craving pikelets lots lately - have made them 3 times in the past 2 weeks, lol!

Tania said...

You must be so excited about your scan, I remember looking forward to all of mine. I understand what you're saying regarding weight gain, I put on FAR too much in my first trimester and then "unofficially" did Weight Watchers for the remainder of the pregnancy. I ended up gaining 17kgs overall which I was quite happy with as I think close to 10 of them were in the first trimester! Hope your headache starts to ease soon.

Anne said...

Exciting having another scan soon:)

Hope your headaches soon disappear.

Rachel said...

Oh I can't wait to hear how the scan goes.......you will be able to see much more at this one.
Hope the headaches subside soon chic.