Saturday, May 13, 2006

Ok I am so full now!!! Have just spent two hours at Rhian's 2nd birthday party!!! OMG - it was so much fun and lots of laughs! :) It was great meeting some of Jo's other friends too - yes she does have other friends..... hehehe only kidding chickeee! You did a great job and I look forward to next year with the games :) I lost track of what I ate but the range of food was HUGE!!!! Rhian was certainly very spoilt and played the princess role very well. Jo did a fantastic job of the cake and am sure she will post some pics on her blog as soon as she gets some spare time :)

So whatelse is new... not a lot really. I am feeling rather good today and went to work yesterday - and survived it! Went to Lynaire and Kev's for tea last night as Steph was away at a shooting competition in Palmerston North (hes due home shortly as hes not staying for the dinner part tonight). Was great catching up with them and must admit I was very apprehensive about having my first night alone in the new house as I am still learning all the new sounds but I am pleased to say I survived it - woke twice for toilet stops and it did take me a wee while to fall back to sleep but once asleep I was fine.

Took my car to VTNZ for a WOF this morning and as there was going to be about a 40 min wait I walked to Steph's parents place to say hello and then as they were going out they dropped me back up there and I discovered that the guy who had done the WOF failed it as he couldn't get into the boot to check the spare tyre which surprised me... This guy was busy so another one came with me to check it again and when I opened the boot I just about fell backwards - it is chocker full of stuff from the move (3 weeks ago now)! It has two suitcases (full of spare duvet inners etc), a spare computer monitor and god knows what else in it! Oooops! Anyway, this guy just laughed and passed the WOF for me!

Home to hang out the washing, put another load on, did the vacuming, hung out the 2nd load then up to Upper Hutt to get Rhians birthday present. I had read Jo's blog this morning and read that she was getting a giant easel with a blackboard and paint board from Jo and Chris so that made a present easier - got her a pkt of giant chalk, some finger paints (hehehe) and a nice top. Home via the bakery for lunch then wrapped the pressie, got changed and shot up to Jo's place.

Was just about to leave Jo's when Stephan sent me a txt saying he was on his way home and "whats for tea" so I replied nothing as I was full of junk food hehehe but I think I will just be having something light - he can have whatever he wants since we have 4 pizza places, 3 curry places, about 8 chinese/fish'n'chip places all within say 2.5kms of us! As well as the usual KFC and McDonalds as well... with a burger king being built at the moment!

Well off to go fold the washing that I have brought in off the line.... not a lot planned for Mothers Day tomorrow so will play that by ear and see what we end up doing.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums out there - hope you all have a great day tomorrow and manage to have a sleep in or a rest anyway...

Ciao Karen

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend!! :-)

Anne said...

Quite funny having your boot all backed up still:)

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh thank goodness...THERE you are!!
(I kept trying to access your blog from my History list and of course it kept coming up blank. This has been happening a week now and I had to do some crafty searching online to track down the new blog address.)

Anyway...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
..Wow you really are nicely into the second trimester now aren't you! :o))) <---- HUGE grin here!

So glad I found you again....

Annie

Sue said...

That's hilarious, all that stuff still being in the car!