Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thanks for the lovely comments on last nights post about hearing the heartbeat... I am still on a high after hearing it. As Steph was out at shooting, he missed the moment but I have suggested to him that he misses shooting for the next appt on 21 June so he can hear it too so hopefully he will be there then :)

Not too much to say really - just been plodding on. Have definitely eaten too much today and feel a bit blah. Just wish I would do some thinking before eating! After having tea tonight, all I felt like was L&P and a pkt of plain salted chips so Steph went for a walk to the diary (about 100 metres) and got them for me and we both pigged out on them and now I feel too full! But have been like that most of the day today so gotta keep an eye on that or I will end up HUGE over the next 24 weeks!!!

Have worked out that there is only 11 more paydays (fortnights) until I go on Parental Leave so guess we better get our butts into gear to get what we need for bubs and also to do our Christmas shopping!!! As both of us have ALL our families getting together this year (i.e. brothers, sisters and children coming from around the world) so its gonna be one expensive year this year!

Right, am heading to bed because despite heading to bed early last night, I was still wide awake at 10.15pm! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR I was getting angry and frustrated with myself which only makes things worse but I eventually fell asleep but of course I had my regular toilet stops during the night too!

Catch ya all later *hugs*

7 comments:

Lynda said...

Every year I have noticed how many presents you have to buy at Christmas time. Have you thought about drawing names this year so you only buy for some people? Will be cheaper for everyone.. worth a thought?

Karen said...

Lynda,we do the "draw" for the adults (well on my side anyway) which will cut it down a bit but still got 17 odd kids presents to get and then theres Steph's family........... but they don't like the idea of drawing names so they are a bit more expensive.

Kate said...

Argh christmas shopping already! I must admit I've had it at the back of my mind because I know the financial situation is only going to get worse!

I'm getting very excited for you with this little one on the way! You are just beginning the most amazing journey ever! Just wait till that bubba is in your arms :-)

Rachel said...

I agree with Paulene, don't stress about the occasional munchie attack as your weight has been really good with this pregnancy.
Talk about Christmas just scares me, I also have our family christmas this year and they also each like a pressie......rather expensive time of year....grrrr!

Sue said...

We should get together for coffee next week, I'd love to see you again.

Yummy Mummy said...

Hi there
Seems that everything is going really well Karen and the baby is doing fine. We have had two friends have babies yesterday.. both boys once called Bailey ad the other Levi...
Hope you get some rest over the weekend...

Anne said...

Christmas can be so stressful with present buying. Wishing you all the luck to get it sorted - some children seem to get so much - maybe now could be the opportunity to cut back especially as you have your own little one to buy for. Try and be honest and just say it's too hard to buy something for everyone. You may even find the rest of the extended family could feel the same.

Have a great weekend:) Love seeing your little ticker - ticking away!!