Saturday, May 27, 2006

Hi ya

Just thought I would do a quick post before heading off to bed as I am not feeling the best - just tired and general blah but nothing a good sleep won't help... Had a great nights sleep last night going to bed just after 9pm and not waking up till 9am this morning! Okay had two toilet stops during that time but no laying there wide awake - just sleep, sleep and more sleep! Am still feeling tired but I guess with the pregnancy thats to be expected... :)

Friday was a full on day at work but at least I am totally up to date and we just have the checking and whatever comes in on Monday to do so looks like its gonna be another easy smooth running payrun ( touch wood). Had Hells Pizza for tea last night - YUM YUM!

Today we haven't done hell of a lot really. It was almost 10.30am before I had breakfast due to my lay in ( didn't actually get out of bed till 9.30ish..) and then having a shower, then deciding what I felt like! LOL We then went and did the groceries and came home and had some lunch (leftover Pizza from last night) before my niece arrived (with some guys from her work) dropping off two single beds that we got from mum (mum got my nieces queensize bed for her spare room and we got mums beds). My sister then arrived and we had a wee chat before her and my niece (her daughter) took off... we then decided to go down to Lower Hutt as I needed to check out some new winter shoes as my boots starting to fall to bits. Ended up getting a pair of boots and a pair of shoes for a total of $49 from No 1 shoewarehouse! Great bargin and both pairs are very comfortable.

We then decided to check out baby prams/buggys at Baby City and Baby Factory. Thought we had found the "one" at Baby City but thought we had better check the Baby Factory before making a decision. Ended up putting one on layby at Baby Factory - Bertini TS Shuttle that normally retails about $580 for only $399 so a great bargin and very exciting and nerve wracking making our first major purchase. It comes with sleeping bag, boot cover, rain cover and also has an adjustable handle - very important with the height difference between Steph and I :)

Hope the pic comes out ok - and the best thing about the pic above (taken from the Bertini website) is exactly the same colours as the one we are getting :)

Anyway, off to bed now. Not too much to planned tomorrow - got to do the housework since we never got it done today and I am meeting two friends (both are pregnant and due in August) for afternoon tea at a cafe in Lower Hutt so that will be great. So apart from that I guess we will just be blobbing around home :)

Hope you are all having a great weekend... talk soon :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that pram. (Great colours too!)
Congrats on your first big purchase. It makes it all seem very real doesn't it :o)
We bought our first pram second hand from a place on High St....way out past the hospital. It was $95 but the lady said we could take it for $50 - it had been there a while and was all dusty. It was a Peg Perego Classic, they were $850 new at that time and although I knew we had got a real bargain I was a bit upset about it needing a clean. (First baby and I was very particular about my "nesting"!) Anyway, hubby said if I didn't like it when it was cleaned up we could get another. I had a sleep when we got home and hubby set to work....putting all the upholstery through the washing machine...whitening the tyres..everything. I fell in love with that pram (and hubby, all over again) when I saw it! It's done me two babies now...the second one still rides in it often at 20 months old.
LOL I am rambling, just wanted to let you know that I know how special it is to be getting all the baby gear together, and the pram is a biggie. (Honestly I haven't been out without a pram in nearly four years now!)
Make sure you keep posting about all your baby purchases, it's so enjoyable to read (and re-live my own happy and exciting nesting days!).
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

Chubbymum said...

Well done Annie. I think you said it all for me too.

The pram looks soooooo cute hun! Things are looking up for you and I wish I was there to give ya a big hug to say woooohooo

Ohhhhh sleeping in!! take it all now hun... sleep sleep sleep sleep... I don't know what that is like anymore he he he he and my boys are 6 and 4 he he.

Love ya lots
Chubbymum

Jaxx said...

LOL at the pram - I remember when I first bought the pram, was with my mum and she said I should wait till after the first scan in case I needed a twin pram (she always thought I was carrying twins and we didn't find out till the first scan at 18 weeks) but me being me said no....and bought it, well what did you know (mum was right) had to take it back and trade it in for a twin pram.

Have a great week :)

Yummy Mummy said...

Amazing... I brought a Bertini Shuttle before We had Emilie (eldest) and stil have it. Ours is green and black but it still is the same pram.. amazing. I love it.. the steering is great. I used to describe it as a 4wd tractor steering!!! Backwards takes a little bit to get going!! I brought a twin jogger when Laura was little.. but still used the bertini when need and after hugh was born. I think you can get the toddler seat for these now.
great choice@@

Rachel said...

Love the pram, especially the big wheels. Hope your afternoon tea was nice.