Saturday, June 10, 2006

Am feeling better today which is great... no Panadol required as yet today but I can feel a headache lurking so I will probably take one before heading to bed to be on the safe side.

Had a reasonable nights sleep and got up about 8.30am :) Managed to get 3 loads of washing out on the line before heading to the hairdressers just after 11am. I know I was supposed to be resting but I had also cleaned Charlies cage out and also ran the vacum cleaner through the place before going to the hairdressers but I was feeling ok so just did what I felt like doing whilst the sun was shining :) Went back to my style I had a couple of mths ago - I quite liked it but found it hard to managed with the natural curls I have but Steph's "baby" sister gave me her hair iron (straightner) last weekend as it wasn't strong enough for her curls so I have decided to go back to this style and give this hair ironing a go - might have to get up earlier during the week but will see how I go :)

Home from there, groceries, lunch, then off to Jude's place with Sue. That was pretty hard and we had a wee cry together there. Sue has a 8mth old son who is so adorable and we had lots of cuddles and laughs and made me very clucky indeed :) I wasn't able to find the work I was looking for but apparently Jude's son may have it at his place so will touch base with him during the week and arrange to meet up for coffee and see if it is what I am looking for. After that, I popped into the skating rink to watch Jo and Helena on their skates :) And Rhian was there today as well and she looked so cute on her skates with Jo and Chris holding a hand each :) I missed meeting Rachel as she wasn't there but perhaps next time I will meet her... Didn't stay there for too long as I was getting quite cold by this stage so headed home to spend some time with my darling.

Now I am here home alone as Steph has headed over to Martinborough for a shooting competition, so we had an early tea (Bacon and Egg pie - not homemade unfortunately) and he hit the road. He should be home between 10-11pm but am just thinking I might ring his sister and see if they are watching the rugby (NZ vs Irish) and if so I may pop down there to keep myself from feeling too down which I have been feeling for the last wee while.

Right I am just blabbering now - will go ring his sister and catch ya all later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're feeling better Karen. There seem to be all kinds of headcolds and things going around.

Good that you had company at Judes place. It can help with the healing sometimes to revisit places that hold special memories.
Hope the paper turns up.

It was a fabulous washing day today wasn't it! (LOL, I'm so domesticated these days!)

Sorry you've been feeling a bit down.....perhaps some retail therapy is in order? (Trademe is good and the shopping hours there are great!!!!)

Lets hope for more great weather tomorrow! Enjoy the rest of your weekend :o)

Rachel said...

I am so peeved I missed you on Saturday (skating) but I got so involved with what I was doing (cleaning out the shed - oh joy!) time just got away from me.
Hope you are feeling a bit brighter today chic.