Friday, June 09, 2006

Just thought I would do a quick update to let you know all is ok healthwise. I did end up going to the Drs this evening due to the continious nagging I got from fellow work mates and they weren't going to give up until I rung and made the appt. So have been to the Dr (not my normal one though as she was fully booked) and basically paid $55 to get told I have a cold, get plenty of rest and to take panadol over the weekend. But like he said it is better to be safe than sorry especially when pregnant (and paranoid LOL) and I did have a slighter higher temp but the cough is just a cough and my chest, ears and throat are all clear :) But he did say if the panadol doesn't seem to be working over next 24/36hrs or if I get any worse that I am to go to the After Hours centre.

So am sitting here now with my feet up whilst Steph is cooking tea - we normally do have takeaways on a Friday but since I was feeling so crook last night we had them then. And as I did all the housework last Friday (when I had the day off) I am sweet talking Steph into doing it this weekend :)

Not a lot planned really - haircut tomorrow morning, going to Jude's house in the afternoon with a friend of hers who is the excutor of her will as I need to look for something work related that Jude took home with her when she initally started her sick leave. I have emailed her son a couple of times asking him to look for it but no such luck. So am meeting Sue who still has a key to the house and will go through things looking for this folder as it is now quite urgently required at work. This is gonna be a hard hour or so for me but with Sue there I know I will have support.

There is a home show in Wgtn which started today and is on over the weekend... we are thinking we might go in on Sunday afternoon as the weather is supposed to be crappy then. But will play it by ear and see how I am feeling.

Right thats it from me - this is probably the most I have written all week! LOL Oh and only 8 more days till the next scan! :) My gut feeling is that we are having a boy so will be interesting to see if Bubs is co-operative next week.

Hope you all have a good weekend. Take care :)

8 comments:

Lynda said...

Oh its is soooo exciting getting the scan and finding out if you are having a boy or girl. I never had this opportunity when I had my children but I was there when Joanna had hers! So fantastic that all is well so far.

Kate said...

Glad it's just a cold - although horrible when you already aren't feeling the best!

I'm looking forward to your next scan too - hehe.

Have a good weekend, and feet up!

Anonymous said...

Take things easy and put your feet up, young lady!!!!!

Yummy Mummy said...

Glad you listerned to your work maktes.. you just never now and you are pregnant!!!!
Put your feet up and have a rest. Will be thinking of you going into Jude's home.. that will be hard!!

Sue said...

Look after yourself, girl.

Felicity said...

I'm with Sue on that Look after yourself.

Anne said...

Bet you felt better in your mind after the visit to the doc:)

Have a lovely restful weekend:)

Anonymous said...

I am soooo glad that your work mates made you go. At least now you know what it is and like your doctor said "better to be save than sorry".

Love ya
CM