Thursday, June 29, 2006

Hi all

Not too much to say tonight as I am pretty shattered after a real full on day at work! It is the end of the Company's Financial Year tomorrow and we have HEAPS of temps finishing their contracts tommorow so we being kept REAL busy processing their final pays so that the $$$ can through to the Work Plans this financial year! So between those and the latest collective contract being ratified so all union members are getting a payrise backdated to 1 June and also some allowances being cancelled and others being amened... its all pretty full on which is why we are working at the weekend. I do feel a WEE bit guilty at not working both days but do need to think of myself and bubs and our health! So will work on Sunday - so am aiming to go in about 10ish and work till about 3pm all going well that is. I guess 5hrs overtime is better than none... then there might be a few more hours the following fortnight (15/16 July) but the $$$ will come in handy big time at the moment!

Just had my friend Lynaire and one of her daughters visit me for over an hour - was awesome to catch up with them and have some "girl" time without the men hanging around! We are planning to do it more often whilst Steph is shooting :)

Had another panic attack last night but it was a mild one and I was able to get it under control pretty quickly. I have since learnt that if I pile up the pillows (that I usually have behind my back etc) and sit up that it makes me feel a lot better and I usually then dose off sitting up for 2/3 hrs. So on the way home this evening, I went to the chemist and got myself some Rescue Remedy Spray and will keep that on hand especially during the night so hopefully that should assist me as I have heard so many good things about it. Was surprised at how dear it was but if it helps me then thats all good.

Have now got our support crew all organised for when I go into Labour... so am pleased thats another thing out of the way. Will talk to Mum about her being there if she wishes when we see her next weekend. Also got the nappy situation all sorted too so am pleased that we are slowly sorting through things. Still got heaps to do on her room but we will get there I guess...

Anyway, its gone 9.30pm now so am off to bed... need my beauty sleep :) But TGIF tomorrow!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karen I can so understand the panic attack..

My hubby used to drive me around townat 2.30am or later when I was having one as I felt like I wasn't breathing. I couldn't lay down by the end of the pregnancy and slept in the lounge chair with another lounge chair facing the other chair... it was a horrible feeling.

I so so so so understand how you are feeling.

Big hugs my friend. Until reading your diary I thought I was the only one that would ever go through that.

Chubbymum

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the rescue remedy. I love it. No idea how it works. But as soon as I feel anxious, a few drops on my tongue and I'm feeling calm again. My partner uses it for his fear of flying as well.

Anne said...

I found hypnotherapy helped me.
21 weeks - time is racing along:)