Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Thanks for your support and comments from last nights post... I have spoken to the Bank and although they don't offer "mortgage holidays" as such they do consider them on a case by case situation after putting your application in. The lady I spoke to on the 0800 number said given our circumstances she couldn't see why our application wouldn't be approved for 3mths. So that is an option for us to consider - yes you end up acrruing interest during this time but hey so be it when it means surviving or not and also giving me some quality time with our new born baby!

I have also proposed to my boss about going back part-time - had in fact talked it to him about it a couple of mths back and he is putting a proposal to his manager about whether we can have a part-timer in the team... so will keep you posted on that one but probably won't know anything about that one until after bubs is born and I apply to go back to work.

I have also emailed a couple of places that do in home care for babies to get an idea of prices... I know getting someone in to our place is very pricey but it is a bit cheaper if you take them to the caregivers place so would want some one local of course :)

But also all going well I might find a friend who is happy to look after bubs for a bit of extra cash.. but will wait and see.

So overall, I am in a better frame of mind as long as I don't think too much about the financial side of things!

Was in a briefing session this morning and just sitting there when all of a sudden bubs decided it was time for a karate session! Boy she sure can kick when she wants too! Had to control myself so I didn't jump each time she kicked me but the first time she did that todayI almost hit the roof as it is the first time she has done that during the day as she usually saves those episodes for night time.

Anyway, enough from me - time to go make some egg sandwiches for lunch tomorrow so will catch ya all later :)

5 comments:

Kate said...

hehe, good that your wee girl is kicking lots! You can expect more and more of that :-)

I so understand about the financial thing - about coping with a mortgage etc on one income. We might qualify for Working for Families, and if we do I possibly won't have to go back to work - but it's going to be very very tight! Argh - money sucks!

Anne said...

My daughter is just about to hand in her notice (part time) mainly because of the arthritis - but she has checked out working with fmailies and a mortgage supplement and they end up about $80 worse off than when she works, which they feel they can manage. Hope it all works out for you. Child care is so expensive and you will want what's best for you and your little girl.

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling, in todays Press there is an article about a family earning $100000 and getting family support, we dont qualify on joint incomes with 2 kids, ( well we do a measely $1 per fortnight)
so its not really help middle income earners, I empathise with you.

Cheers

Margaret

Carla said...

i know a few people who thought they werent entitled to anything, just by going by the website, give them a call mate, have a chat to them, you never know!! :)

Anonymous said...

I know I am a bit late answering but I didn't get to the blogs yesterday... but when I had a year off with Quinn (2nd son because I didn't with Corbin) anywayyyy.... we had car problems and all the money we saved had to pay for the car... but I did temping with Adecco and I could say when I wanted to work and it worked out sooooo well!!! Maybe you can try that?? just a thought.

Take the time to do this hun and your bub and you will love it!

Big hugs hun