Monday, August 28, 2006

Oh FFS!!! I was half way through my entry when I hit a button in my speed of typing the entry that somehow I lost everything! GRRRRRRRRRR Now I have to think back to what I was saying... and with preggy brain that is definitely easier said than done at times!

I wanted to say thanks to you all for your comments about the updated photo shot... I personally didn't think it was the best of photos but thats cause I took it myself in the bathroom mirror but thats only because I was so impatient and didn't want to wait until Steph got home from shooting! LOL

Back to yesterday, we didn't do too much really... had a sleep in before getting up and just blobbed out for a wee while before getting the housework done. After we had done that, Steph got stuck into wiping down the walls and window sills in the nursery with a sugar soap solution to ensure that they are all nice and clean for when we do the undercoating next week. We had initally thought we would be able to do the undercoating yesterday as well but common sense between us said to leave them until next week to ensure the walls are totally dry!

After lunch, we thought we would pop up to Upper Hutt to wander around for a wee while before heading to Stephs parents to catch up with them. So we thought we would pop into Farmers and have a look around and whilst there we managed to score a wonderful bargin! They had a cot there that is normally priced at $399 and had it reduced it down to $150 due to end of line clearance! And as we had $100 gift voucher in my bag (from a christmas present last year) this would mean we would only have to fork out $50 for a brand new cot! So who could refuse a deal like that??? Certainly not us! So we now have all the big purchases that are required for this wee princess of ours... now we just have to get her room painted so we can get it all set up! LOL

Today, work, boring ole work! LOL Not a lot to report on that front... just plodding on. This could be our last quiet payroll for quite some time! And for me there are only 3 more pay days to go before I finish up!!! Ouch that's real scary!!! LOL

Right not a lot more to say really - oh only 5 more weeks until ChubbyMum and her family come down to Wgtn for a visit! Can't wait till then!!! It's gonna be so much fun :)

Catch ya all later

5 comments:

Kate said...

Oooh new cot - exciting!!

My poor Amelia is sleeping in the cot that my 21 year old sister used to sleep in, lol. (New mattress of course)

Tarns said...

oooh exciting! i love bargains too!

Felicity said...

Great bargin on the cot EXCELLENT

Anne said...

What a bargain!! Great feeling having all the major purchases out of the way.

Leighanne said...

Great bargain!!
Can't wait to see the room all painted and ready:)