Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Hi all

Am home from the hospital tour so thought would pop online and say hello to everyone. The tour went well but I must say that the delivery rooms weren't what I expected - definitely smaller than most of us thought they would be and the baths were also smaller than what we had imagined. But am sure we will all survive our labours and before we know it we will all be holding our wee babes in our arms. I am due first in the group with another one due just 2 days after me... then they are widely spread out over the rest of Nov and Dec.

Work today was the day from hell and I have to say it was the worst payroll close off that I have ever experienced in the 12 years I have been working on various payrolls and in different companies! At one stage, I came close to loosing it with the temps and had to retreat to the ladies for a wee cry before regaining my composure and getting back to work knowing how much we had to do! Finally got away about 4.30pm and once I was down in Featherston St, I "cheated" and jumped in a cab and was able to make the 4.45 train which I wouldn't have made had I kept on walking or should that be waddling!

I have tomorrow off and then the boss has said I can come in late (about 10ish) on Thursday but I think I would rather start on time and leave early as it can be a real pain in the butt getting a park at the station later in the mornings... and the other issue would be if we are still down to one car but will deal with that once we know what is wrong with my car. Steph was able to purchase a new coil today but it doesn't seem to be that as the car is still not very well at all! So have booked it into a local garage tomorrow for them to check out and they will then ring us to let us know what is wrong with it but as they are so busy at the moment it could actually be Thursday or Friday before they are able to actually fix it! So no sleep in for tomorrow as I will need to be up at 6 to firstly get Steph to tow my car to the garage and then to take him to work... then it will be home and back to bed for a couple of hours before I head to Paraparaumu to meet Jude's (for those that don't know - Jude was a very dear friend of mine who passed away in January this year) parents for lunch. My mum will be there too so it will be nice to catch up with them and to see Mum again :)

Admittingly it is better that we have this car problem before I finish work rather than being on one income! But we are still hoping that it won't cost too much...

Had a better nights sleep last night but when I did wake for my toilet stops I was very light headed and almost collapsed in the hallway at one stage... I was also having funny feelings in my tum - so rung the MW this morning but basically she just told me to take it easy and if things got any worse to call her back. But as I already have got a Drs appt tomorrow afternoon for other reasons, the MW asked me to report back to her after I had seen the Dr.

I have been thinking that I may end up finishing earlier than initally anticipated and the boss has finally accepted that too as much as it distresses him but he has realised that my health and the health of bubs is more important at this stage... and I do have quite a bit of sick leave left so I can use that :)

But anyway, I feel like I have said nothing tonight but just been rambling about nothing... one of those entries where I have just blabbered on and on...........

Catch ya all later

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hope you are enjoying Paraparaumu for your lunch.

What a pain about your car, these things never happen at a good time aye?

Glad you enjoyed the hospital visit, did you get to see the single rooms or just the doubles?
I thought the single rooms weren't too bad but didn't like the doubles.

When our antenatel group went for our hospital visit, one of the girls were late so we started without her and soon found out why she was late when she went zipping past us on a gurney headed for an emergency c-section - that DIDN'T go down well with the rest of the group.........LOL