Wednesday, October 04, 2006

35 weeks!!!

Hi all

Yeap , the time sure is flying by quickly.... am 35 weeks today! So yeap only 5 weeks to go and still so much to organise and to mentally prepare myself for! But am sure I will get everything done in time... though on saying that I had a "lightbulb moment" yesterday and am real sure that this baby is going to come early - not too early but perhaps just a few days but I guess we just have to wait and see!!!

Had a nice day off work today despite a very early start with towing the car to the garage and taking Steph to work but I was able to come home and go back to bed for some more sleep for a couple of hours! Had a yucky drive (weatherwise) to Mum's before heading to Coastlands to meet up with Judes parents for a wonderful lunch - it was great to catch up with them and our wee bubs has been even more spoilt with more clothes and toys! I have even been given a doll that used to be Judes many years ago which makes it even so much more special! Dropped Mum back home and then hit the road as I had a Dr's appt at 3.30pm. Dr is really happy with my pregnancy progress and my weight etc... I have been diagonised with Silent Reflux so have been given a prescription to fill in the morning (as I ran out of time this afternoon). Dr also thinks that I could have mild asthma so have been given a script for that as well. Both scripts are perfectly safe to take in pregnancy (well in late pregnancy anyway) so will see how I go but if they help me out and help me sleep etc then I am all for it!

But anyway, on the way between Mums and the Dr's, the garage rung me to say that the car had been fixed which was amazing as they said it could easily take about 2 days before it would be ready due to their workload but once they knew what the problem was and were able to get a part they did the job straight away. It turned out that it was something to do with the distributor ignition (or something like that) - its all fixed now and we are $400 down... but at least the car is fixed (and very promptly) and we can return to "normal" LOL Will definitely be using that garage again - great, friendly service and so efficent! I need to get the car fully serviced but will hold off for a wee while whilst we recover from the $400 we just spent!

Although I was told I could start late tomorrow, I think I will go in at the normal time (providing I get a decent sleep tonight) and finish early instead. Will also be having a meeting with the boss tomorrow to discuss either finishing work earlier or perhaps cutting my hours a wee bit. I think I would prefer to finish earlier altogether but to help things at work the 2nd option might be better.

Anyway, thats enough rambling from me! Antenatal tomorrow so will catch ya all on Friday or over the weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow 35 weeks, not long to go now! I hope for your sake you are a wee bit early, but the really good thing about going overdue is that you are so completely ready for it to be over. I noticed a big difference in having a due date baby and an 8 days over baby - with being overdue I was much much more ready!

Enjoy antenatal!

Rachel said...

Prompt service from the service station, thank heavens!

35 weeks, wow that is going really quickly now.

Only about 6 days left of work now aye?

Crafty Japan said...

Glad to hear you got the all-ok from the doctor. How's that Birth Plan coming along? Did you get mine?

Hi said...

OMG. When I get back, you will be almost due! You may have even had her by then! Take care hun! Just did a quick update on my blog while I have internet access!

Anne said...

Only another five weeks - maybe sooner!! countdown time!