Sunday, October 01, 2006

Hi all

Just a Sunday night quickie... have had a full on but wonderful weekend!

Saturday, up reasonably early to do a load of washing, and then the groceries before Rachel arrived to pick me up for the bloggers lunch at The Short Straw Cafe in Whitemans Valley - awesome cafe out in the middle of nowhere but everyone seemed to find it ok as no one got lost! So great venue, awesome food and most importantly the most amazing wonderful company! There was myself, Rachel (and her two boys), Jo (and Rhian), Helena, Janene (and Jorja), Anne, Mandy (her darling Hubby and her two boys) and Sue - so like I say it was the most wonderful company and a great couple of hours out! Pity it was raining as that meant the kids couldn't go outside and enjoy the amazing playground so next time we go there it WILL be sunny and the kids WILL be ble to play outside! LOL

Got home, to do some baking (for today) and just a general blob out really. Had some yummy homemade hamburgers for tea :) Not that I needed them of course after such a great lunch but hey baby was hungry! LOL

Had a real crap sleep and a restless night so was up at 8.30am and mucked around for a while before cooking some sausage rolls for the baby shower and then cleaned out Charlies cage. Lunch, tidy up and then off to my friend Mariannes place who was kindly hosting the shower for me! It was wonderful to see so many of my friends and family all there and wow talk about being totally and utterly spoilt!!! I am still gobsmacked by how spoilt I (or should I say the baby) was today! Glad I had the stationwagon as I sure needed it to get everything home! I laid everything out on our bed when I got home and took a photograph so once I've downloaded it I will post it :)

Had a light tea of tuna pasta bake with a green salad, dishes and then had a 40 min bubble bath - ahhhhhh bliss and so, so, so needed!!! So now its time for bed and to prepare myself for two days of hell at work before having Wednesday off! Oh we have the hospital tour (through our antenatal classes) on Tuesday night so we are looking forward to that.

Have a good week everyone and I will catch ya later

4 comments:

Felicity said...

wat a great weekend you have had. wish I could have been at the get together. Hey u can now say baby is due next month yeah Karen.

Rachel said...

Had an great time yesterday at your shower chic and loved the games (even though I wasn't very good at them) and watching you open all your pressies.

Hope today at work isn't too bad :)

Anne said...

Lovely cafe Karen but we were wondering when we would finally get there! Thanks for organising. Must say you are looking just so good - glowing:)

Sounds as if your shower went well.

Helena said...

OMG that baby is one special wee girl judging by all those gorgeous things! I couldnt believe there were no knitted cardis tho! Great to catch up this weekend, I've feeling overdosed on everything right now ... friends, pressies and um ... booze LOL Catch ya again soon