Friday, September 29, 2006

Hi all

Just thought I would do a quick post before heading to bed...

Last nights antenatal class was good though the video we got to view really sucked! Hard to explain but wasn't what we expected so have spoken to L (who I worked with) as she is also a CBE (Child Birth Educator) and she is going to lend us a couple of videos that show us "normal" births.

Today at work was diaboloical - so hard when there are 4 computers yet 6 of us wanting/needing to use a computer! L finished today so we are down to 5 of us requiring computers and yes you can guess that I am the one still training the temp that is replacing me I am the one being shunted aside so K the temp can learn. I have heaps to do that requires the use of a computer so am starting to get quite frustrated indeed! Its gonna be a long 11 days that I have left there... (think I counted wrong the other day). I spent the afternoon on a computer down on level 3 - peaceful I must say! But whenever I showed my face upstairs boy I got bombarded with questions etc... I think I will spend as much time as possible downstairs on Monday and Tuesday whilst that person is away on leave! The rate I am going I will be seriously considering talking to the Midwife about finishing early and taking sick leave but will see how I am going next week.

Though, as today was L's last day - we had a team lunch out today (2hrs) at a local pub - was brilliant and very scrumptious indeed. Had a yummy BLT with a couple of Lemon, Lime and Bitters :) Whilst having lunch, the parade for the World of Wearable Arts went past, so it was wonderful being able to stand on the balcony seeing everything!

Tonight has been pretty quiet here at home, did bring some work home with me (just some worksheets that need calculations done) and was planning on doing it tonight but have just run out of energy!

I have a busy weekend ahead of me - with the bloggers lunch tomorrow so have Rachel picking me up at midday and hopefully we will find the place ok :) That is going to be so much fun with 9 of us getting together along with 6 kids! :) Must remember to take my camera to get lots of photos! :) So before then, we will have some washing to do, groceries to do.... and Steph has a list of things that he is going to do whilst I am at lunch. Then home to do some baking before having a quiet night I think though I have been invited to 2 parties but think I will give them both a miss since I have my baby shower on Sunday so will need all my energy for that! :) Although its not till 2pm I have a few things I need to get done before then.

So anyway, on that note I will say goodnight... and will try to update perhaps on Sunday evening if I have the time/energy.

Hope you all have a great weekend and for the "locals" and the out of towners who are coming along - see you tomorrow!!!!!!! :)

No comments: