Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hi ya

Well can't believe it is Sunday evening already! The weekend sure has flown by and don't want Steph to go to work tomorrow but only 4 weeks to go and then he will be home for 3 weeks which will be fantastic especially since most of that time my family from overseas will be in NZ as well so there will be lots of BBQ's, parties and general catch ups happening :)

MW came on Friday afternoon, all is still well with Rachel. She didn't weigh her as Rachel was fast asleep so Edith just did a visual check of her eyes, fontelle etc... and then we just had a good chat! I would get pregnant again tomorrow just to keep my regular contact with Edith but we all know thats not going to happen for a while so I am gonna miss her so much once I am discharged from her care. Am going to make up a wee gift basket for her to give her on our last visit along with a photo of Rachel (must get Rachel's photos saved to CD so I can take them to the shop and get printed) to say thanks for the most amazing care and support she has given me, Steph and Rachel.

Yesterday, Rachel's sleeping was brilliant which made things so much smoother for all. Had a hairdressers appt in the morning and had to take Rachel with me so all the girls could have a peek at her. Rachel slept through most of the time I was there and just started stirring as I was finishing up. I have got a new style - nothing fancy - just something simple and hopefully more easy to look after during the week when I often "forget" to blowdry my hair :) After lunch, we had our first family outing to the supermarket - once again, Rachel slept through most of it - waking just before we finished. We are having a few constipation issues with Rachel every 2nd day or so at the moment, so last night I did a dash to the chemist and got some Coloxyl drops which are added to her milk as required. So far, they have helped enourmously which is a relief for all concerned :)

Once she settled yesterday evening, I went to bed and we had a great night. Rachel woke about 1.15am and we were both back in bed by 2.15am which itself is a miracle as we are almost always up for at least 2hrs each night as she takes a while to settle after a feed. And then she slept through till 6.30am :)

And then she has been the "perfect" child today at Steph's parents place where we have been for most of the day at their "Welcome Summer Garden Party" ".... but one it rained most of the time so wasn't very summery and two it was inside rather than in the garden but it was still a good time. One of her aunties fed her when we arrived, she then fell asleep on her nana, then slept for 3 hrs on Nana and Pops bed (with pillows around her), woke, and another aunty fed her and now we are home. And now after a wee grumpy spell she is fast asleep again - hopefully until about 9pm or so (fingers crossed)...

Hmmmm perhaps I should change the name of this blog to Rachel's journey... LOL As that is all I seem to write about these days but I guess given time it will get back to being about me and my journey to being healthier etc :) Am thinking of setting up a blog for Rachel though so the family overseas and friends around NZ can see photos of her and read wee updates as she reaches "milestones".

Tomorrow, we have "Baby and You" class and then Rachel and I are meeting Rachel and Jo for lunch at Mitre 10 in Petone. Am so looking forward to trying the famous chicken salad that both of them rave about so much :)

Right, time to get moving and get organised as our friends Lynaire and Kev are popping in after tea for a coffee... hope you all have a great week and will catch up later on :)

2 comments:

Anne said...

She does sound a contented little girl. Can understand how much they take over your lives -but we do watn to hear all about her and how things are going!!

Rachel said...

Your hair looked fabulous by the way!!!!!

Rachel was of course the perfect little girl again and you are looking great.

You STILL didn't try our famous chicken salad but that chicken pasta we had was bloody lovely :)