Monday, December 18, 2006

7 more sleeps...

OMG - only 7 more sleeps until Santa comes and visits us all!! Wow where has the year gone??? 2006 has certainly been an eventful year for Steph and I but I will do a more philisophical post on that subject closer to the end of the year :)

Back to the weekend - what did we get up to?? Saturday we had Rachels 6 weeks jabs with the nurse. I had heard how painful it was for the mums to watch this but like childbirth you can't appreciate how hard it is until you go through it yourself! The look on her face when those needles went in to her legs - OMG I was in tears as well!!! Rachel hasn't had any major reaction to them - only being clingy and grizzly which we were able to deal with.

Sunday we headed to Mums for lunch and to catch up with my brother from Ireland and his kids. It has been 4 years since I had seen Phil but 6 years since I had seen the kids! They sure have grown and the girls just loved cooing over Rachel and were wanting to hold her etc! Though now Alex is 17 and Olivia is 11 - they were very confident in holding her etc... the only thing that they didn't want to do is change Rachels naps! LOL I wonder why??? LOL

The last 4 nights we have had 2 hours of crying/screaming - no set time as such but it just seems to be after she has had her evening bottle and just doesn't want to settle. Rachel is currently sleeping and due to wake shortly so fingers crossed this evening isn't another one of those nights. I guess the biggest challenge of being a mummy is the unpredicatableness of each day as I am generally a routine type of gal! LOL

Oh I managed to finish my christmas cards today while Steph fed Rachel so tomorrow I will get them posted off (and hand delivered for those local ones). Still got a few thank you cards to do though but I really wanted the Christmas ones out this week! Now I can start thinking of wrapping the pressies! :) Oh I finished our Christmas shopping last night - oh well more or less - just have a present to buy for Rachel to give her daddy! Since our budget is tight this year, Steph and I are just going to buy ourselves a new microwave as our combined Christmas present. Our current one was initially my parents, then my sister had it for a while, then my brother and now me so I have worked out it is approx 9 years old at least! And with using it so often these days for sterlising Rachel's bottles etc we decided we really do need a decent one and I have noticed when our current one is on 50% power that it is not working as well as it used to.

Oh tomorrow I have an interview with a local employment agency to get on their books so am dropping Rachel off to Steph's SIL and she will look after her for me :) The other two agencies have said they will contact me in the New Year to meet up and to register etc...

Anyway, time for me to keep moving and to fold the washing while Rachel is still sleeping... catch ya all later.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Hi Karen

Just having another long overdue catch up of your journal. It sounds like you are keeping busy.

Sorry to hear that Rachel has been a bit unsettled for a few hours each night lately - hopefully this will sort itself out soon and you'll all be getting very restful evenings/nights. You guys are doing an amazing job :))

Good luck with the interview tomorrow. I wish you all the best in finding something close to home.

Must catch up soon.

Take care,

- Paula (Christchurch)

Anonymous said...

I made hubby go in and I went out the door with the jabs arrghhh it was too emotional for me
Love CM

Rachel said...

Excellent news on the local employment agency, I reckon it is the best idea to try and get something closer to home. I just hate travelling and I don't know how you do it everyday.

Hope that washing got folded....hahaha

Anne said...

My daughter made me hold Devin for his shots so he would blame Nana rather than her!

PAULENE@www.slimming4health.com said...

Good luck for that interview.
And I hope Rachel's night time routine settles soon.
It's a challenge for sure but it sounds like you are both doing great with it!
:)

Cheers P
www.slimming4health.com

Lynda said...

Merry Christmas to you and Steph and baby Rachel. I'll look forward to all the photos in the new year of your wee girl growing up!

Tracy said...

Have a fantastic first Christmas with your wee girl.