Friday, December 22, 2006

Am still here...

Hi all

Yeap I am still here - just had rather a busy week and seem to run out of either time or energy to do a post so thought I would do a quick one while I had the time (i.e. Rachel is sleeping ) and the energy (i.e. can't be bothered doing the housework).

All Christmas cards have been done and posted... all Christmas presents have been bought, wrapped and are under the tree! Oh just got Stephs and mine joint present (the microwave) to get but thought we would wait until the New Year sales so we can get a better one at a cheaper price! :)

Am having a day at home today to give Rachel the chance to actually have a decent day sleep in her own bed rather than the carseat or pram! Might go for a walk later on but will see how we are going. Am waiting for the Midwife to ring me back as I have her present here for her but I am having difficulty in getting her to return my calls (she uses a pager system) and I think that is because she told me she doesn't want a gift and that seeing Rachel (and any of her babes) born and healthy is the best gift of all! Might have to end up dropping the present and card off to the hospital and leaving it at the delivery suite office so she can just get it next time she is there.

We are still having problems with Rachel in the evenings and last night we gave her the first dose of Infant Gaviscon which seemed to work wonders for her and gave us some peace and quiet for a while too. So between the Gaviscon, Gripe Water and the Naturopharm Spray Rachel seems to be doing well - we write down all the feeds she has and how much she takes (more for me and my lack of memory) so we just note beside the feed if we give her anything extra (ie spray) as obviously we can't give her everything each feed!! She is really loving her baths these days as well and is well and truely out of the baby bath and is in the big bath! Must admit I did prefer the baby bath (as it was part of the change table and at a good height) so might start actually having baths with her in the evenings and then Steph can dress her etc while I dry and get dressed myself.

Not too much else to say really - the family are almost all in NZ now. Baby brother is on the plane from Sydney as I type this and they get to Wgtn at 3pm. Then my sister comes down tomorrow some time... I REALLY want to head up to Mums tomorrow to see everyone prior to Monday but Steph doesn't seem to think we will have time but if I get off my butt and get some housework done today then we can do the groceries this afternoon when Steph gets home and whoaloa we can go to Mums tomorrow! LOL

So best I get moving and perhaps do the vacuming etc... and as this will probably be my last post before Christmas Day (but will post in between Christmas and New Year) I would like to take this opportunity to wish all my readers a very Merry Christmas and I hope you and your families have a wonderful day!

Ciao for now

7 comments:

Kate said...

Thanks for the christmas card and photo of Rachel!

Hope you have a great christmas day!!

Thanks for all your support this year, and for sharing your pregnancy and birth with us :-)

Oh.. have been meaning to ask, are you happy if I post Rachel's birth story on the birth story blog? No worries if you aren't.

x

Anonymous said...

Wow she's on so many things for her reflux/pain/indigestion.

Do you think a change of formula might benefit her?

Anne said...

Received the lovely photo of Rachel - also the card. Thanks Karen:)

Hope you have a lvoely Christmas with Steph, Rachel and all your family.

Anonymous said...

Hey hun.. I know when my boys had colic and reflux I used the Weleda it was amazing!! But so is gaviscon and the doctor gave us a lot of that.

Good luck hun I do understand what you are going through..

Love Chubbymum

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas lovely!!

Have the magical special time you all deserve, Rachel sounds like she is doing just wonderfully!! :)

xxx

Ang said...

Have a fantastic christmas!!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you, Steph and Rachel!
Have a great time with your family.
Will be in touch by email when I'm back from holiday.