Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Wow 3 nice days in a row! That must be some sort of miracle given the weather we have been having lately!!! Okay it was drizzling this morning but now the sun is shining and it is really quite warm! Just wish it would stay like this but I don't think it is supposed to with it turnin yucky again just in time for the weekend!

So whats been happening here... bugger all really! After Monday nights post of debating when to go to bed - I went to bed @ 9.3pm thinking that Rachel would wake about 11ish but I was so shocked when I looked at the clock when she woke me up to see it was in fact 2.45am!!!! OMG she slept for 7 hrs!!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!! And then to make that feed even better she was back down in bed just after 3.15am so only up for about 35mins! That is another great achievement for both of us! And then yesterday she was brilliant sleeping for long periods and being the "perfect angel"! Guess it was too good to be true and to last for to long... last night she was a bit of rat bag not wanting to settle and then only sleeping for 4hrs (which I guess for a 6wk old is not to bad). But this afternoon she has only gotten worse getting grizzly and not settling... so am glad I have the Drs in the morning so we can discuss the reflux issue (constipation not a problem anymore).

Right have now tried for the third time since 12pm to put her down to sleep so fingers crossed she stays asleep for at least an hour prefably two hours!

Not too much more happening really - still no christmas tree up or no christmas (and thank you) cards done... have got the cards out - just have to write them up now! And I think I have talked Steph into getting a "real" tree this year - have seen some great ones (that come with bucket and all) at Mitre 10 so I think we will get one of those but talk about major discussions on where the tree will go in our small lounge (either fake or real) but have finally sussed it out!

On Sunday, we have my brother from Ireland and his kids (who live in London with their mum) arriving so we are heading to Mums to spend the afternoon with them. Then on Monday my brother and nephew from Christchurch arrive... then on Friday my two brothers and their families from Melbourne and Sydney arrive... then Saturday my sister, her partner and his girls come over from Masterton... then Sunday my brother from Ireland partner arrives as does my brother from Christchurch partner and their daughter... so next week is pretty full on and all up on Christmas Day there will be 29 of us celebrating Christmas together! OMG just had a thought - if we all head to mass together - what a sight that will be! LOL This will be the first time since my first wedding in 1997 that all of us (including partners and children) will be together!!! The six of us were together not long before Dad passed away 4 years ago but majority of partners weren't able to make it then. Oh there will be one niece missing and that is my sisters youngest who is over in Ireland on her OE. I am so looking forward to Christmas and seeing everyone again but boy there are family arguements starting already and the boys aren't even in the damn country! Mum sent them an email telling them to sort their shit out before they come over or not to bother coming at all! That worked wonders! LOL

Oh I sent my CV off to a few employment agencies (shhhhhhhhh don't tell my boss) in the Hutt Valley today to see if there are any jobs going out this way to save me 2 hours commuting each day when I return to work! It would mean a decrease in pay but thats fine with me - we know how much I need to bring in for us to survive and to pay the bills! Would love to stick with Payroll but there aren't many payroll jobs in the Hutt Valley so will probably end up doing some admin/office work which suits me just fine. But on saying that I am not holding my breath on getting a job out here but unless you try you never know what is going...

Anyway, I might go lay down while Rachel is sleeping (for how long is the $64 millon question) and read my book...

Catch ya all later

3 comments:

Hi said...

Where do you work at the moment (hehe, when not on maternity leave)? I mean, where as in location :)

Anne said...

Hope you can find something for you in the Hutt Valley -will make life a lot easier without all that travel.

Anonymous said...

I did the same when I was on parental leave and I got a job teaching a class computer skills (25 adults in a class) and still kept my job open for when I came back after parental leave.

It made me realise that I didn't have to do full time anymore and that I could do other things and still be happy because my life was different now with kids because a job is just a job when you have this little precious thing at home and it isn't as important as your child.

It is strange how things work because I used to deal with thousands of dollars of research money and now I am part time accounts for 6 creches...A mundane job but just a job but I am happy with my mix of work and parenting.

Do what is right for you hun...

Love Chubbymum