Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hi everyone

Hope you are all keeping well... just plodding on day by day here. Nothing exciting happening really - just cherishing every day I have with Rachel as the time draws closer for me to return to work! :(

We went for a walk this morning thinking that I would get out there before it got too hot but even at 10am it was hot and muggy! Worked up a great sweat! LOL

I had Rachel at the Drs yesterday as Mum suspected Rachel may have had oral thrush as she was refusing the bottle (both milk and water) and we were literally having to hold her arms down and force the bottle in to ensure she was fed! However, no sign of thrush - Dr thinks she may have had an upset tum (runny nappy) and was getting over a viral infection so we are just giving her some pamol when required. However, Dr was more concerned about the state of my arm! Long story but basically I woke up on Sunday morning with a sore elbow, over the day it got redder, hotter, more painful and bigger.... went to the chemist who sold me some antiflamatories, took one of those but by Sunday night it was getting worse so I popped up to the After Hours in Upper Hutt and the Dr there thought it wasn't infected but just a reaction to whatever it was so gave me a couple of paracetemol and a couple of steriods there and then (to save prescription costs apparently) and told me if it was no better in 24 hrs to go back there as it would be free. Anyway, my Dr saw it yesterday and was most concerned about it and didn't want me waiting another 6hrs or so for the After Hours to open so after a quick check up, she gave me a script for penecillin so am on a high dose of that for 10 days. Though at one stage last night, I was in so much pain and white as a sheet we came close to finding a babysitter so Steph could take me to the hospital but at the same time I knew we had to give the penecillin time to "kick in" so I went to bed in a lot of pain, woke at midnight and took some more drugs and then when I woke at 6am (yes Rachel slept through again - must have known her mummy was sick) I was feeling a lot better. Elbow still warm to touch and tender but HEAPS better than it was. Have to go back to my Dr tomorrow evening to get it checked out (their policy apparently) but better to be safe than sorry I guess.

Steph has taken photos of my elbow so have posted them below. The first one is the size it was at the After Hours and then the second one was the size of it at the Drs yesterday afternoon.





Anyway, that's whats been happening for me lately... but will also post a couple more photos of Rachel for you all :)





Right, time to get moving and do some tidying up before young Rachel decides its time to get up again... off to Raumati tomorrow to spend the day with mum as it is her birthday. Catch ya all later

6 comments:

Anne said...

Ohh - cute lttle girl. Meant to say before love her huge eyes!! She looks a little character in the smilie shot.

Your elbow looks so sore - ouch.

Ang said...

Ouch - you poor thing!! I hope you are getting lots of TLC as required.

Gorgeous Pics by the way.

Chris H said...

Youch for the elbow, and isn't Rachel just gorgeous! What smiley eyes !!

Lynda said...

So did you find out what caused that on your elbow? No good, just as well you were at the doctor with Rachel. Oh she looks like her Mummy...

Anonymous said...

Hun I have been really slack with commenting lately... soooo sorry!

Wow what a nasty elbow hun but at least it is going down now with the penicillan.. that is good.

So cute are the photos of Rachel she is adorable and what a proud mum you are.

Love CM

Carla said...

ohhhh hun that elbow does not look good! i hope the drugs help!

yahoooo for Rachel sleeping through the night! look how big she is getting! (Sad aye! lol)