Friday, January 12, 2007

Hi ya

Hope it's hot enough for you all? Sure is warm enough for me thats for sure! Well I guess we can't complain since we have all been moaning about the lack of summer!

It looks Rachel is going to be like her mum in the fact that she doesn't cope well with heat and high humidity! She has been quite grizzly/scratchy over last couple of days with this heat we are experiencing at the moment with a lot of dosing off and on and snacking so to speak... We have the windows open in her room (during the day) and then one left open on security latch at nights and then today we have put a small desk top fan to circulate some air which seems to have made a bit of a difference as her room gets quite hot! But overall, she is doing great and we got some great photos of her smiling over last few days so once they are downloaded off the camera, I will then post them here.

Not a lot more happening really, had our coffee group get together on Wednesday morning and now feel a bit better about going back to work as there are 3 others that are going back in Feb as well and 2 others going back at 12mths and then 2 that are not planning on going back at all. It's amazing how fast our wee ones are growing and the difference in them all. We got a photo of all the ones that were there laying together on the floor which was so cute :)

We seem to have sort of a "routine" going at the moment for Rachel but usually as soon as I say that she throws a spanner in the work! LOL I'm sure she does it to keep me on my toes! LOL

Steph is still off work this week and is currently blobbing out as the heat has gotten to him this week I think. He water-blasted our front deck and path yesterday afternoon and boy what a difference that has made especially with the sun shining on it this morning - it was so bright to look at! LOL

It's Mums (and mine) birthay next week so Rachel and I are going to go to Mums on Wednesday (her birthday) and go out for lunch so that will be nice. Wednesday is also the 1st anniversary of my friend Jude's death so a group of us gals are getting together on Wednesday evening to have a drink and a toast to Jude and to remember the good times we all had.

Thanks for the advice on different options that are available to me re weight loss etc... I will look into them all and find something that suits me and my needs :)

Right, its too hot to keep sitting here, I might go do some water-blasting myself (back path) while Rachel is sleeping. Catch ya all later :)

5 comments:

Crafty Japan said...

Hi Karen,

Just thought I'd let you know something that's working for us...

I take Ryder out for a 30 min-1 hour walk in the carrier each day (warmest part of day for us) and he sleeps the whole time. Plus, he's more relaxed when he gets home too. Plus it's great exercise for me and we get some close-together time :)

Give it a try!!

Chris H said...

Poor wee babies feel the heat, good idea to put a fan in her room. Good luck on finding the right weight loss method for you.

Rachel said...

Its just horrible for wee babies when it is this muggy ay?

That fan should do the trick, I also got the boys fan out on the weekend and it is now up and running.

Can't wait to see those photo's.

Hi said...

Hey Karen!
Loving the pictures of Rachel in your previous posts. She is getting so big already!
Happy birthday to you and your mum for this coming week.
Thats a wonderful thought for Jude that you and your friends are doing!
Take care! Luv Lou

Anne said...

Have a great birthday - enjoy your day with your Mum.

It really doesn't seem a whole year
since Jude passed away, thinking of you.