Saturday, January 27, 2007

Hi

I thought I better do an update since it had been a few days since my last one... sometimes I just find it hard to update here as I have nothing new to report and all I blabber on about is Rachel and our days together... and there is only so much of that one can take so I feel that if I haven't got anything exciting to say that I am better off not updating.

I have however, joined up Paulene's 12 week New Year Challenge and have set myself a goal of losing 500gms each week to start with and hopefully that will get my motivation with my weight loss back! I am almost back to the 100 mark and I so DON'T want to go back there so I have to nip the naughty snacking in the butt and get moving! Some days my water intake is really good and other days it is almost non existent so gotta sort that out too. I keep thinking that I should go walking once Rachel is settled for the night (usually about 8.30ish) but then there is heaps to do around here before going to bed so those things take priority over walking.

Am off to work on Monday and Tuesday this week to fill in for the boss - am sort of looking forward to it but I know I am going to miss Rach SO much! But at least with her being home with Dad will give them the chance to do some "bonding". I just hope she doesn't get too fussy with her bottles like she has been at times. Her reflux has been playing up again.. just when I thought it had gone so feeding times can be a bit hellish occasionally.

Have had Mum here for lunch today as she was playing Petanque at Park Ave in Lower Hutt so that was nice to see her and to catch up with her. I also scored a new tshirt off her that she had bought for herself but it was too small for her - fits me just perfectly and Rachel has already "christened" it! LOL

Here are some recent photos of my wee girl:







Right, time to get moving, washing to finish folding before Rachel is awake again...

Ciao for now

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

9 comments:

Chris H said...

Good luck for monday and tuesday, hope you don't spend half your day on the phone checking up on her!! keep count, would be interesting to know if you can last the morning without ringing Steph to check on her... lol

Chubbymum said...

Your comment "but then there is heaps to do around here before going to bed so those things take priority over walking."

Sometimes hun having a healthy mum is more beneficial for your little one than chores... LOOK after yourself aye hun... because if you look after yourself you are more likely to spend more quality time with your daughter in the long run.

Big hugs hun...
P.S the pictures are adorable of little Rachel.
Love CM

Kate said...

Awww look at that big grin! Gorgeous!

Paula said...

Hi Karen

Great photos - and I especially love the feet one - very arty!

I hope Monday and Tuesday go well for you back at work - it's probably a nice gentle way to ease back into work before you go back to your normal hours. It's great that Stef is able to spend those couple of days with Rachel bonding.

Take care - and must catch up soon.

- Paula (ChCh)

Anonymous said...

Must be hard first day back at work. Hope all goes smoothly.

Hope that Hubby of yours isn't getting too familiar with all the choicest daytime soaps...Rachel on the couch with a bottle propped up with a cushion!
...Aaarrgghh of course not!!!!!!!!!

Really, truly hope the 2 days go well, for all three of you.

Anne said...

Good luck with your time back at work!

Rachel looks a little character with a cheeky little grin:)

CM did have a point in making sure there is time for you at the end of the day. Hope you can manage it.

Lynda said...

Awwww... beautiful!

Anne said...

When you get a moment after your busy couple of days - I've tagged you!

Ang said...

I love hearing the adventures of Karen and Rachel!!! :D