Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Four Things

Four things about me:
A) Four jobs I have had in my life:
1. Loans Clerk
2. Bank Teller
3. Receptionist/Admin Officer
4. Payroll Officer

B) Four movies I would watch over and over:
1. Dirty Dancing
2. Shrek
3. Monsters Inc
4. Love Actually

C) Four places I have lived:
1. Nelson
2. Tawa
3. Newlands
4. Upper Hutt

D) Four favourite TV shows:
(don't watch it much!)
1. Shortland St
2. House
3. CSI Miami
4. NCIS

E) Four of my favourite foods:
1. Fresh Salmon
2. Steak
3. Chippies!!!
4. Corn cobs

F) Four places I would rather be right now:
1. In bed!!!
2. Ireland (family)
3. Melbourne (family)
4. Timaru (family)

G) Four friends I think will respond:
1. Kate
2. Sue
3. Carla
4. Kim


And onto other news... well I have survived my two days at work!!! But only just I may add! Talk about stress levels being extremely high in that office at the moment! But it was nice being in the new offices - they are very posh indeed! LOL And I only rung home 3 times each day so am very proud of myself there! I think Monday was pretty stressful for Steph as Rachel was being very fussy with her feeding (reflux probs) so by the time I got home she was very hungry! But today she was a lot better with the feeding and a lot happier!

I am sure all will go ok when I do return to work on the 19th Feb - the hardest thing I think I will find is the tiredness - after working all day to come home to Rachel and lots of things to do... So not being able to blob out and relax until after Rachel is in bed will be hard but am sure I will get used to it over time. I will be calling the day care centre tomorrow to organise our settling in periods over the next two weeks.

We have plunket tomorrow afternoon but I will call them first thing in the morning to see if we can go earlier as Rachel seems to be in the habit of having her "big" sleep after lunch so I don't really want to be waking her to go out and then have her up and grumpy for the rest of the afternoon! Then on Thursday, we have Rachel's 3mth jabs with the nurse and then we are seeing the Dr regarding her reflux situation and on advice from a friend I will ask for a referral to a pediatrician to get the reflux officially confirmed and a line of treatment that we can work through. So after all of that, Friday we will have a quiet day at home!

Scales are looking good for my first week of the 12 week challenge, but official weigh in is on Friday morning so I will keep you posted. Probably the best thing about returning to work is the amount of water I drink while there! :) Still not sure if I will get the time to go walking in the evenings but intend to really try to make the most of the next 2 weeks while I am still at home during the day!

Anyway, best I get moving... catch ya all later :)

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Hope all goes well with bubs jabs, it's usually the mummy that cries! And good luck for weigh in on Friday too.

Rachel said...

Can't wait to see how you do in ther 12 week challenge....good luck for Friday.

Only rang home 3 times, good effort....LOL.

She is just going to love daycare and be exhausted when she gets home which is a good thing.

Tania said...

Day care really is a great thing at this age, my son loves it! And as for working all day and then doing so much at night it does take a while to adjust but I think it all just clicks into place because it has to. I travel 45 minutes each way to work and was really worried about how I would cope with everything when my maternity leave came to an end but it's worked out really well for us and as my son approaches his 1st birthday I couldn't ask for a happier baby who is always full of smiles.

Good luck with your weigh in on Friday, my first weigh in for the 12 week challenge was today and I was delighted with my result.

Anne said...

Good luck with the jabs - also good luck with the scales on Friday:)

Rachel said...

Did ya weigh in this morning?
Did ya? Did ya?


Can't wait to see you on Sunday (hopefully).