Friday, February 02, 2007

Week 1 Weigh in

Hi all

In reply to Rachel's comment left on my previous post... YES I did weigh in you impatient gal!!! LOL It's just me a wee while to get my ass online and to update... so thought I would just keep you all in suspense.... LOL

I weighed in at 98.5 kilos this morning giving me a loss of 1.1 kilos in my first week! YIPPEEE!!! Just gotta keep going now...

I can say that seeing those numbers made my day after a night from hell with my darling Rachel! She had her 3 mth jabs yesterday and has been very unsettled ever since :( My poor darling just wanted her mummy all yesterday afternoon and the only place she would settle was laying on top of me so housework got pushed aside for precious mummy cuddles! She went down at her usual time of 9pm after only drinking 1/2 her usual night bottle and some pamol she had fallen asleep so we put her down and just as I had fallen asleep she woke up again (10.50pm) and it was 12.30am before I managed to get back to bed as everytime I tried putting her down she would wake and start crying... normally I would leave her to cry for a wee while but as I knew she was unsettled from the jabs I didn't want to do that so I would pick her up again and give her more cuddles! Then she was awake again at 3.50am though obviously not so hungry this time (only took 30mls) but after a nice dose of Pamol and lots more cuddles she went down... And just as I was finally getting back to sleep, Steph's alarm went off!!! And so I got up after Steph left and had a shower etc - ready to face what could be a looong day with Rachel!

Whilst at the Drs, we also got her reflux "officially" confirmed and she is now on medication (Zantac) for it (as Gaviscon is not a medication - just a thickner). I was dreading giving her the meds this morning but low and behold she took it without a problem it at all (tastes like peppermint) so that was a big hurdle over and done with. She is sleeping at the moment and has been down for almost an hr and a half (which is most unusual for her at this time of the day) so she must be "buggered" :)

Got a friend (from our antenatal group) coming around about 11ish for coffee and a catch up so that should be good. We were going to go out but I didn't really want to with Rachel being so unsettled so Lucy and Jack are coming here instead :)

Not a lot happening this weekend - we have Steph's brothers 40th tomorrow night - not sure if I will go - might stay home with Rachel and let Steph go by himself. Steph has Monday off work (4 day weekend for him then) so that will be nice - might try to catch up with another friend of mine who had a baby boy a couple of weeks ago.

Right, best I get moving and move the washing off the couch (already folded) so Lucy has somewhere to sit when she gets here.

Catch ya all later

8 comments:

Anne said...

Great work Karen - you will be pleased with that loss!!

Oh - poor Rachel - hope you have a better night tonight. I'm sure you will:)

Crafty Japan said...

Congrats on your weight loss :)

Poor Rachel...but at least it's over with now. Ours are this month and I'm not looking forward to them either :(

Anonymous said...

Woohoo on your loss this week hun good on you!

Give Rachel a big hun from me hun.

Love CM

Chris H said...

Yaa for the 1.1kg loss! And I'm sure wee Rachel will be feeling much better soon after her jabs. Did you cry? when she had them!

Kate said...

Amelia was always really unsettled after her jabs too. The worst ones ever are the 15 month ones unfortunately - I'm not looking forward to those ones with Natalia.

Hope you have a lovely weekend with your lovely girl
xx

Lisa said...

My daughter had relux too as a baby, so I can completely understand what you are going through, it gets better when they are a bit bigger and are more upright for longer periods.

She was prescribed Losec and it worked well.

Good luck with her meds.

Lisa

Tania said...

Well done on your loss Karen!

Sue said...

What a good loss. Hope you've enjoyed our lovely weekend.