Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hi all

Just popping in to say hi as its been awhile since I did a written post. Still plodding on day by day - some days are great and others are not so great and pretty emotional. But its a matter of keeping on keeping on...

Work is pretty full on at the moment which means the days are flying by and the weeks sure are flying by pretty damn quickly! But of course the weekends fly by even quicker!

Rachel is growing so much and I suppose the biggest thing is that we can not get over how stubborn she can be at times! I have no idea where she gets that from *shrugs my shoulders and smiles the most innocent grin I can find* LOL In all seriousness though both Steph and I can be stubborn at times so poor Rachel has no show really! LOL

She is really enjoying sitting up these days but mainly at home as day care don't like to "encourage" them to sit up until they are ready to i.e. when they can get themselves into and out of the sitting position! And as for rolling - she is loving that too and rolls from one side of the room to the other side quite easily now (as long as she is in the mood).

Here is a photo that I took of her sitting up last weekend (on my phone hence the poor quality)


Anyway, I am gonna head to bed - yeap I know its only 8.40pm but I'm tired, grumpy and emotional so bed is the best place for me right now... catch ya all later. Have a great week everyone.

11 comments:

Lynda said...

I'm sorry you are feeling emotional etc.. it must be hard working and being a Mum. As for the sitting - go for it, crazy not to let them sit if they can. I hope you have a good week :)

Anne said...

That little girl of your has got such a mischievious little face!

Lyn said...

She looks so proud of herself!! :)

Chris H said...

Sitting is fantastic back strenthening, good for her balance, etc etc.... even if you put her in that position! Day care don't know everything mate! She is bloody adorable, and obviously a happy happy wee girl! You are doing a fantastic job with her Karen! (oh and Stephen!)

Jules said...

If you are really feeling down then you might want to have a chat to your doc. It can get really hard trying to please all the people all the time so make sure you look after no 1! You need some flaxseed oil and maybe so Bach Flower Olive for mental and physical exhaustion.

Can't get over Rach, she is doing so well and don't listen to anyone else, each child is different and will do things at a different stage. Some kids never crawl, they just roll or bum shuffle and then walk!! That is what pisses me off about all these institutions and places that are meant to be helpful for mothers. Most of them have a perfect idea of what and when things should happen but we are all individuals. We all need bras at different times, we all lose teeth at different times, start wearing bras at different times. Just go with what she wants to do, she knows her limitations.

Hi said...

Hey Karen!

Gosh Rach is getting big! I love her cheeky smile!

Anyhoo, just popping in to say hi as I'm back blogging now after being MIA for a bit :)

Luv and hugs

Lou

Tania said...

Oh look at that cheeky smile - as much as you love these milestones like seeing them sitting up there's also that part of you that thinks they're growing up too fast - she's just gorgeous.

Sue said...

What a beautiful, bright-eyed wee girl you've got.
I know it's hard when you're so busy, but try and take a few minutes each day, just for you.
And something that works wonders for your soul? Just watch your darling girl sleep.

Tarns said...

hiya hon, look at that gorgeous smile. shes just bootiful honey! I hope that you are feeling a little better and that you are managing to make some time for yourself everyday...Big hugs to you honey xxx

Jaxx said...

She is gorgeous and looks so happy and contented... Hope you had a nice long weekend

Jaxx

Lyn said...

Hey Karen ,,, I hope youre coming to Chris's thingy in august ... I would LOVE to meet you!! Finally after all these years :D