Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Hi all

Wow almost another week has gone by... time sure does fly by when one is so busy or having fun (oh I wish)!

Was unable to make my first weigh in since joining the healthy eating club at work due to major work committments today. We had already "lost" almost 2 hours at a big departmental meeting that had compulsory attendance (our department is being restructured) and as today is the day we run the payroll we had HEAPS to do and little time to do it in! I weighed myself at home and I was the same as last week... so not the best of starts but better than gaining!

Water intake has been excellent - between 2 & 3 litres of water a day during the week. Just gotta work on the weekends now... but getting there slowly. Eating - well definitely not the best but better than it has been so like we all have said - one step at a time and baby steps they will be for me! The fact that the two males in our team have very sweet tooths does not help matter at times - yes I know I have to learn to be able to say no but at times when things are so busy and stressful it is easier said than done! Haven't got far with Helena's book due to time and lack of energy to read but I really want to get into it and learn so much more about the this way of eating as what I have read (and learnt from Helena) so far makes so much sense to me! :) Exercise - 2x15min walks each day which we all know is better than nothing at all but I do have to work on that. I do try to get at least one long walk in at the weekends with either a friend or just me and Rachel :)

Speaking of Rachel - she is 6mths old tomorrow! Wow where have the last 6mths gone??? She has even rolled twice now by pulling herself on her activity gym so thats quite exciting in our house :) She is loving her solids now - has 1/2 jar (or the equalivant if she is having home mixed veggies) each night. And has 1/3 jar of fruit each morning! At times, she is refusing her morning bottle, but it is more than happy to take it once she is at day care so is obviously not hungry first thing in the morning. It used to stress me out and we would both end up tears but now I just leave it knowing that she will take it when she is ready. Oh I am still always offering her the bottle first so its not that she is full from solids. She has another cold but is very happy during the day - it only seems to be at night that it disturbs her with a bit of coughing.

Anyway, its now 9.40pm and I gotta get my lunch ready for tomorrow.... catch ya all later :)

8 comments:

Jules said...

Have you got a vapouriser?? They are brilliant at night for little ones with coughs. You put eucalyptus oil in them and it helps them breathe better.

Is it just me or are word verifications just getting longer and longer??

Anne said...

Six months - time has gone so quickly!

Hope work settles for you. Keep on witht he baby steps, you are getting your thoughts heading in the right direction. Have a great week:-)

Kate said...

6 months! Wow! Yay for loving solids - just wait for the wonderful world of finger food - babies are so much fun :-)

Chris H said...

You are pretty wise for a first time mum, knowing that Rachel may not be hungry first thing in the morning and will eventually take her bottle.. Griffin is a bit like that, does not want food first thing when he wakes up... but look out later on in the day, he never stops eating!

Lyn said...

It seems to me that at work you need to plan ahead and have some healthy but yummy treats up your sleeve to pull out when temptation comes along. I tried Pams Yoghurt rice cakes yesterday and they were really good.

Crafty Japan said...

Congratulations Rolly :)

Chubbymum said...

Wow Rachel is 6 months old... OMG time goes tooooo fast.

Staying the same is sooo better than gaining my friend. Good on you.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Tania said...

The time really does go too fast doesn't it? Sounds like she's going well with her solids though.

Good for you with your water habit, I need to work on that more than I have been - and remember that it's a step in the right direction.

I struggled with my weight loss after Lachlan was born, it took a while for me to realise that it couldn't be my priority anymore and once I accepted that things started falling into place a little more.