Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Oooops this time 2 weeks have passed since my last update... gees I sure am getting slack at this blogging! I am even getting slack at commenting and even reading at times! There was once a time that if I didn't read every blog every day that I would have withdrawal symptoms from them but now it can be every 2/3 days when I read blogs and commenting - well even less at times :( So please forgive me - I am still here and I am still reading - just a bit slack at times!

Before, I start rambling - a huge but belated congratulation to Emily and Jonny on the arrival of Kellie Grace on Friday 27th July (Steph's birthday too). Kellie is gorgeous and Emily did so well with a 10 hr drug free labour!!!

Also - sounds like the blogger party at Chris' place at the weekend was a huge success and lots of fun was had by all attended. Will definitely make an effort to attend the next one.

Well I got my leave for this week approved so am sitting in the lounge with the sun streaming in and the stereo going! :) But not for long as today is a busy day - heading to the Drs shortly for a medication review (for PND) as I have been on it for 4 weeks now - still have the occasional down day but overall I really do think I am on the rise! Am no longer "scared" of being myself with Rachel - yes it had gotten to that stage at times. Though I still get frustrated when she won't drink a full bottle etc but I just keep reminding myself that she won't starve herself and if shes hungry she will drink/eat and if shes not hungry - well then she won't eat. She is now down to 3 bottles most days and has proven that she can have big long sleeps in the afternoons as she does that for us at home so I have written out our home routine in her notebook for daycare and they are going to try it but when Rachel is playing with 10 others she does get tired quicker so will see what happens. Would love it if she had some kind of routine with her sleeps - would make things so much easier at times.

So yes I am at home and Rachel is at Daycare! This week is about me having me time and doing what I want when I want! Sounds a bit selfish when I say it like that but it's what I needed. Will have Rachel on Thursday as we have Plunket and then we are catching up with my friend Jo and her daughter Maddie :) So will see how I manage on Thursday and if all goes well I might keep her home on Friday too and catch up with other friends. Just means I have to have my shopping day tomorrow! :) I got vouchers for Westfield Shopping Centre for my birthday (back in January) which I still haven't used so am planning on doing that this week!

So anyway - after the Drs, I will grab some lunch and then head to the Hairdressers where I am getting a colour and foils - can't wait!!! :)

Yesterday, I went back to bed after dropping Rachel off as we had that thunderstorm here... and then after getting up, showering and having breakfast, I got stuck in to tidying up Rachel's room and going through all her clothes. Oooops she really does need quite a bit in the 9-12mth range so am surfing TM when I can for some good bargins :) And then I tackled Charlie's cage (the poor bird gets a bit neglected at times) and then vacumed, lunch and then tackled the bathroom/toilet etc before heading off to pick up Rachel. Oh yesterday, they had a photographer at daycare taking photos of all the kids playing etc and apparently everytime Rachel saw the guy, she would start smiling at him and giggling and would follow him everywhere with her eyes and smiling as if to say "pick me pick me"! LOL A couple of the teachers have had a sneak preview of the photos already and they said there are some awesome photos of Rachel so can't wait to get the proofs etc... hopefully they won't be to far away.

Trying a new crockpot recipe for a meatloaf - I have never done meat loaf in it before - always done either corned silverside or a casserole so it feels strange putting it in the pot with no water etc... hopefully it turns out ok otherwise I guess it will be takeaways tonight.

Oh my weight - has gone down a couple of kilos in the last fortnight too which is fantastic though I do eat less at home than I do at work. So just gotta keep working on it going down - slowly but surely and I am sure I will get there.

Anyway, time I was moving to get myself organised for the Dr's - will catch ya all later :)

6 comments:

Kate said...

Hope you enjoy your time off work, sounds like bliss! And don't feel guilty for taking me time! I know I still struggle with it too, but it really does make a difference :-)

Yummy Mummy said...

I laughed at your "me time" remark.. I use that term. Often the kids will come to me and ask something, but before they do they ask if I am having "me time"
Enjoy it!!!
Have you set up your blogs in google reader?? I find it saves hours!!!

Lyn said...

I must admit I was a little bummed when I found out you weren't coming to Chris's party. I was soooo looking forward to meeting you chick! That's ok, maybe next time.

I had a similar experience to you at not being able to cope being home alone when I had number 3. I too was diagnosed with PND, so know how you must have been feeling. Good on you for taking the courage to get help!! That takes a lot of strength!!

Me time is always necesary when we have little ones ... enjoy!!!!

Nic said...

Definitely a good idea to have some 'me time' from everything, especially when you can treat yourself to something nice and pampering at the same time.
I saw you twice last week walking along Lambton Quay on your way to work, just along Amazon/Borders, maybe next time I'll give you a wave :-)

Tania said...

Hope you enjoy your downtime! I only work a 4 day week but have occasionally put Lachlan into casual day care on my day off because I needed some down time too! Just remember a happy mum makes a happy baby.

Hope the photos turn out as good as they think they did.

Chris H said...

Woo hoo for some down time... hope the visit to the Dr went well.... and I can't wait to see some photos of wee Rachel... I bet she is just gorgeous, the little flirt..... she must have liked the photographer eh?