Saturday, September 08, 2007

Hi all

Thought I would try to do an update while Rachel is playing happily on the floor but how long that will last is a totally different story.

I have been home with her since Tuesday so it has been a long week! We were hoping that she would be able to be back at daycare on Friday however due to the epidemic of rotovirus (contagious form of vomiting and diarrhea) in the Hutt Valley, the MOH (Ministry of Health) enforced a 48 hr period from the last runny nappy they had until they can return to daycare. Therefore, as Rachel's last runny nappy was about 5pm on Wednesday she needed to have Friday off too!

We have had some wonderful moments but we have had our frustrating moments as well and she has pushed my buttons to the max! But the best thing is that she is definitely on the mend now and today was the first day all week that she had some toast for breakfast.

We have a first birthday party to go today (at lunchtime) and we were getting worried that we wouldn't be able to go but as she has gone the 48hrs without being sick or a runny nappy then we are in the clear to attend! :) So can't wait for that as it will be so much fun - just hope Madam Rachel is a bit less grumpy than she is this morning. We have had 3 invites to parties today so we are attending two of them - the first birthday and then another one this afternoon and then home for Rachel as no doubt I will have a tired grumpy girl on my hands by then and her daddy has to go shooting as his team is in the final tonight.

Tomorrow, we have a portrait sitting that we won at the child show in Porirua recently so am looking forward to that - just hope Rachel is going to show off her best smiles! LOL

I would like to offer my sincere condolonces to Lyn and her family as they grieve the loss of two tiny nephews. How terribly sad for them all especially for her sister. *hugs to you all*

I would also like to say go Lennie!!! You are doing fabulous job recovering from such major surgery and I knew it wouldn't be long before you were doing the updates - though Craig was doing a fabulous job in your absence! He should seriously consider starting his own blog as he has a great way of writing! :) Can't wait to see your new bod! :)

Okay madam is getting grumpy now - and wants my attention. I knew the rugby would hold her attention for only a short time. Catch ya all later xx

5 comments:

Tania said...

Glad to hear Rachel is better! Couldn't help but smile when you said she's been pushing your buttons, I know that feeling only too well ... lol

Hope you've had fun at the parties - we have a 1st to go to tomorrow.

Jaxx said...

Am glad Rachel is getting better - so hard when you work and have kids. You are doing an awesome job. Have a great Sunday.

Felicity said...

hope the photo shoot went well and lots of smiles

Rachel said...

Yay photo's, don't ya just love em?

That Rotovirus is horrible aye, Reece caught it 3 times when he attended daycare but Adam hasn't had it once (touch wood).

Jules said...

Bloody rotovirus!! I remember Peta having it vividly and then the smell was instantly recognisable when Ben got it about a year later. The poor wee bugger was extremely sick with it and I thought I would lose him at one point.

It is a killer in third world countries.

I hear what you are saying about the attention span. I am finding Sian is just a bit too demanding for my liking at the moment. Bless her.