Monday, September 10, 2007

Hi ya

Well after my post on Saturday morning, we had an eventful evening as we were at our friends (Lynaire and Kev) friends place for pizza and all was going well and we were having a great time.... Steph had just left to go into town for his shooting competition, so Lynaire, her niece and I decided to check out their sleepout and the work that they had done and as I was walking down the back stairs, I missed the last one and had a nasty fall on to concrete! And all I can say is THANK GOD I WAS NOT CARRYING RACHEL AT THE TIME (I had just put her down in the portacot) as I just shudder to think what the outcome could have been!!!

Anyway, end result after a visit (and $60 later) to the After Hours Medical Center and then down the road to A&E for an xray to ensure it wasn't broken (4 hours later) is that I have a badly twisted ankle! Got very minimal sleep that night after getting home just before midnight! Sunday was a very quiet day for us as I was literally quite useless!!! The most frustrating part for me has been not able to carry, lift, change Rachel etc... And lets just say that Steph got a feel of how much I do actually do around here! LOL But all credit to him as he is doing a great job! And as much as I wanted to call in sick today - the fact that I had been off for 4 days last week with Rachel, I felt to guilty so rung the boss on Sunday night and had a chat to him and he organised the use of one of the emergency staff car parks in the basement for me to use (left ankle is the injured one and we have an automatic) so drove into town and typical the price of petrol went up today! So managed to hobble around work for the day but unfortunately the chair that my foot was to be elevated on wouldn't fit under my desk so it wasn't elevated as much as it should have been so is quite swollen tonight (but do have it up now).

So... with all of that happening, we were unable to get the family portrait done as it is on the 2nd floor of the building with two flights of steps to get up to them... which was something I was not going to attempt on crutches! So rung them and due to the circumstances (which were beyond my control) they were willing to let us transfer the sitting to another day so need to ring them later in the week to make a new date!

Have got physio tomorrow morning so will see how that goes...

Anyway, getting tired and sore from this position and the nappies need folding... so will love ya and leave ya... catch ya all later :)

9 comments:

Kate said...

Ouch! You poor thing! Hope it's feeling much better soon :-)

Anne said...

Not good - but at least not fractured, also good Racehl was tucked up in bed! Take care:-)

Rachel said...

Man, you don't do things by half eh?

Hope the ankle is feeling better today.

Tania said...

Oh Karen, you poor thing! Keep your leg up as much as possible, hope it heals quickly for you.

Chubbymum said...

Oh you poor thing!!! That is not good and sprained ankles are terrible aye... bet it is sore.

Good thing you weren't carrying your precious wee one too woohoo for that.

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

JustJo said...

Oh Bugger! So sorry to hear you stuffed your ankle chick! Try to take it easy huh?

Helena said...

hows your foot going mate? Hope its not causing you too much grief! :(

Chris H said...

How's the foot now mate? Hope it's much better and you are getting around a bit better. Nasty fall that.

Paula said...

Sorry to hear about your wee accident - I hope that your ankle is starting to come right now, and that you have a much better weekend ahead.