Monday, September 17, 2007

Hi ya

Just a quickie from me before I head off to bed... but realised that its been a week since my last update so thought I would pop in to say hi!

Am plodding on slowly with my ankle - the physio is impressed with the way it is healing and should only have one more session with her. However, since the fall my back has been playing up a bit so must have jolted it in my fall so the physio has said she will have a look at that during our next session.

Rachel really is well and truely on the move now with her commando crawling and rolling. And is now starting to try to pull herself up on the couch and coffee table. She tried it this morning on her toy box and fell forward and gave herself a nasty bumpy and graze on her forehead (first of many bumps I am sure) - no tears at all and wasn't impressed with me when I tried putting a cold face cloth on it! She kept pushing it away and wanted to keep on playing! So she obviously has a higher pain threshold than her mum! LOL

Work is pretty full on at the moment and its definitely panning out to be "one of those" weeks at this stage!

Right am off to bed.... catch ya all later xx

4 comments:

Kim said...

Geez, I wish Caitlyn was like wee Rachel. I mentioned in my blog last week that she too has started pulling herself up. But this week she has become a real hypercondriact when it comes to landing. Even if she lands on her bottom in a sitting position, she lets out a wail. A real drama queen in the making!

Glad your ankle is getting better and hope there isn't too many probs with your back.

Rachel said...

Glad to hear the ankle is healing, not so good about the back.

I'm glad Rach didn't hurt herself when she fell but I did have a wee smile on my face thinking about how many more falls she's going to have now that she is mobile.

Anne said...

That will be the first of many bumps for Rachel, she sounds like she is growing up - fast!

Paula said...

I hope your back is feeling better soon. Good that your ankle is on the way to recovery though.

Must be exciting (yet at times nerve-wracking!) watching Rachel's progress towards independence in getting around. Hopefully she won't have too many tumbles.

I hope the weekend ahead is a nice relaxing one for you all.