Monday, September 24, 2007




Been doing lots of thinking over last few days and have decided that I am gonna print out these two photos to remind me of where I DON'T want to go back to (and WON'T go back to) and of how far I did get and of where I WILL get back to (and further)!

The before photo was taken in Oct 2002 (and one of the photos that spurred me into losing weight) and then the next photo was taken Christmas Day 2005 when I was at 88.9 kilos (so having lost approx 42 kilos)!

I am taking one day at a time and taking baby steps in regards to my eating habits - can't go cold turkey on all my "bad habits" - so just working on one habit at a time and then when I have that one under control I will move on to another one. And with daylight saving starting this weekend I am really hoping that I will be able to get out walking after Rachel has gone to bed and the dishes are done... even if I can get out for 30 mins 3 times a week to start off with.

So onto other things - not a lot happening really. Rachel is growing SO SO fast! Can't believe that in under 6 weeks time our baby will be 1! So am busy starting to organise her first birthday! My biggest diliema is wanting to invite everyone I can but we have such a small living area so have had to limit it to immediate family and her godparents and my friend Lynaire (and Kev and girls) who was there with us at Rachel's birth.

Anyway, it's 9.45pm so that means time for bed... but before I go - here are a couple more photos but of Rachel this time :)

Having fun with the mirror...


Having fun with a balloon (one of her new favourite toys these days)...



Right time for bed - catch ya all later xx

10 comments:

Sue said...

It's a great idea to remind yourself of what you achieved in the past.

Kim said...

I did the same thing at the beginning of August. I printed 2 picss of myself at my lightest in June 2005 and stuck them on the top left hand corner of my fridge. I end up looking at them like 20 times a day and it also stops me overindulging in the fridge too.

I'm glad you're looking at starting again with baby steps. You've been through soooo much since Rachel was born.

Hope your ankle is feeling better too.

Helena said...

my chin nearly hit the floor when I read Rachel is one in 6 weeks ... BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!

Baby steps doll, you've got the answers :)

Hows ya foot by the way?

*hugs*

Anne said...

That's all it takes - Baby steps,one day at a time:) The photos will help remind you. You can and will do it Karen.

Aww Rachel - what a cutie!!

Rachel said...

WOW Rachel is nearly 1 year old - man that has flown past.

Before and After photo's are a great way to keep you on track.
1 step at a time, you'll be back to 88.9kg in no time.

Chris H said...

I totally love the photos mate, and I AM SURE YOU CAN DO IT AGAIN.... it just takes sheer bloody determination.... and I am with you 100% OK? I have photos like that, and I want to get back to my 'lowest weight' so much.... so...let's both pull finger and do it!

Tracy said...

Hi Karen. A couple of days ago I was sulking about my weight which has crept up again due to a number of bad habits I have restarted. I remembered this post & decied you were right - baby step, so I am getting rid of one bad habit at a time. Thanks for the idea &I hope it is working for you too.

Chris H said...

Thank you for your support Karen, you are a sweetie.

Jenny said...

Yep baby steps is the way to go. Hope the ankle is soon better and you can start walking with the onset of daylight saving........mind you it needs to warm up a tad for me LOL
Thanks for your comment on my blog, you are welcome any time :)

Jaxx said...

Wow Rachel is growing up s fast. Good idea about the photos. Hope things are well with you?