Monday, October 29, 2007

Hi all

Wow can't believe that our wee girl is gonna be 1 on Friday! Where has the last year gone?? This time last year I was a lady of leisure enjoying my days of doing sweet bugger all and mucking around home and catching up with friends!

We have heaps to do before her Party on Saturday - just as well Steph is on leave this week to do some bits and pieces around here. He had Rachel home with him today as it was a Teacher Only day at daycare - sounds like that they had a great day with the sun shining etc... while some of us were stuck inside working!

A good thing with Steph being home is that I can catch the early train and do an extra hour of work and it is amazing how much extra one can get done in an hour! We are flat out at work at the moment with the translation review going through - i.e. the translation of one salary scale to another scale! HEAPS of work and I am dreading the phone calls from Wednesday onwards as people get their payslips questioning how their backpay was calculated etc...

I do have Friday off to organise bits and pieces at home and to make the cake for Saturday. Stephan is making the day care cake on Thursday so thats gonna be heaps of fun - must remember to get the pebbles etc for decorating them. They ain't gonna be anything to fancy cause I don't have that sort of talent! Mum (who used to do cake decorating etc) did initially offer but I thought that as Rachels mummy I had better make the effort myself!

We had a quiet weekend as I was not feeling the best as Rachel very kindly shared her head cold and cough with me... well so did Steph has he has had it too! So hopefully I can shake it by the weekend.... and oh fingers crossed for a nice day as we have a small house so if it is nice we can leave the doors open and people can be outside as well as inside.

Anyway, the washing machine is beeping away at me (and Steph is having selective hearing)... so will catch ya all later

4 comments:

Anne said...

One year!! It has gone so fast! Any luck with chosing a photo yet?

Lyn said...

Happy Birthday Rachel for tomorow!!!

Felicity said...

wow 1 yr already

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS RACHEL

Will be thinking of you all on Saturday

Anne said...

Happy birthday Rachel!! Have a lovely party.