Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Oooops didn't realise it had been so long since my last update - time sure is flying by (gees I think I mention that in every post I have done recently)!

Rachel is currently sick (again) and we have decided to keep her home tomorrow so she can have a day of rest. Her nasty cough came back again over the long weekend and I ended up taking her to the After Hours last night - she has a minor viral throat infection :( Everything else was "perfect" and the Dr was amazed at how alert and happy she was despite not feeling the best. He also couldn't get over the size of her eyes! LOL Great Dr though and very thorough indeed. Though the hour we were waiting to be seen - Rachel was busy entertaining the whole waiting room with her cheeky antics and smiling and waving at everyone. And whenever she coughed some people would go "awwwww" and then she would start giggling again! Cheeky little monkey she is! It was very hard to believe at that stage that she was unwell... I thought she would be straight to sleep in the car but oh no - she sung to me on the way home! LOL But as soon as she hit the cot (about 9.45pm) she was asleep in no time at all! The Dr didn't really want to give her any more antibiotics so just gave us another script for some pamol and to give it to her regularly for a couple of days to ease the soreness of her throat.

We had a quiet long weekend which was nice... well quiet until Monday afternoon when we had to go out to the airport to pick my mum up from the airport (been in Melbourne for 3 wks), then take her home to the Kapiti Coast, have tea with her and then back home again! It was great to see mum and she couldn't get over the changes in Rachel since she had last seen her :) Rachel got very spoilt by her Nana and also from her Aunty and Uncle in Melbourne with lots of clothes!

Though, we didn't get as much done around the house as we had talked about so HEAPS to do around here before Rachel's party next weekend (3rd Nov) so I am guessing that this weekend will be a busy one for us. Things are pretty disorganised when it comes to her party but am sure it will all fall into place for us at the time. Compared to some of the mums on a forum that I belong to - Rachels party is going to be very boring - a lot of them are having theme parties etc but really - will a 1yr old appreciate all of that? I don't think so... but thats my opinion.

Oh I have been meaning to say that I did talk to my Dr at my last visit there about going on to Reductil but due to being on Anti depressants, I am unable to go on Reductil but she is very keen to support me and put me on them once I am off the Anti depressants which will probably be early next year all going well. So the weight is still flucuating a bit - gained 600gms last week and then lost 400gms this week. Must make a tally bar for the side of my blog to keep track of my ups and gains!

Anyway, it is now almost 9.45pm - so time for me to hit the sack - I think we will be in for a rough night tonight with Rachel and her coughing but so far so good. Have got the vapouriser going in her room again to help her breath.

Catch ya all later :)

7 comments:

Paula said...

Sorry to hear that Rachel hasn't been 100% healthwise this week. I hope that you all manage to get a decent night's sleep and that Rachel is feeling a lot better soon.

Anne said...

Rachel sounds so cute! Sorry to hear she is sick, hope she is soon back to normal. Not l9ong now until she turns 1!

Chris H said...

I hope her cough is all gone and she is back to her cheeky smiley self in time for her party!

Carla said...

hey gorg! i hope Rachel is feeling a bit better today! xxx

Lisa said...

Hey everyone knows that the 1st birhday party is for the mummma!!!!! you make sure you enjoy yourself.....my daughter slept through most of hers 1st birthday despite her mums best intentions. Enjoy :-)

Jenny said...

Hope Rachel is better real soon. Nanas & Auntys are a little girls best friends...LOL Always spoiling them :) Have a lovely weekend :)

Jaxx said...

Wow time goes fast but you dont need me to tell you that. Have an awesome weekend this weekend :)