Sunday, October 14, 2007

Firstly a BIG THANK YOU to Kate for designing my new look header and blog! You are so wonderful and creative! I had a wee play around last night to get the font etc suiting the header and I think I am happy with the font now but might still have a play around with it later.

Not a lot happening here really - quiet day yesterday though I did go for a wee walk around the corner to visit a couple whom I had met on the train who had a wee girl 5 weeks ago (also have a 4yr old boy who was our source of entertainment on the train) so popped around to visit them and get lots of cuddles with Neive (don't think I have spelt that right). I sure got very very clucky while I was there! LOL

Today, I have to pop up to the supermarket again as I forgot to get the jars of fruit for Rachel's lunches but also need some more formula (which Pack 'n' Save don't sell) and some Zinc and Castor Oil cream as Rachel has developed a awful nappy rash over the last couple of days which is now making nappy changing time very stressful for all concerned! This is the first real nappy rash she has had in her first year as I have always found that the Sudocreme that we use keeps rashes away... She does have two top teeth that are taking their time coming through so it could be related to the teething but it sure looks very nasty.

Rachel's new favourite past time is for me to lay on the floor on my side and for her to pull herself up on me, dribble on me, fall over and then do it over and over and over again! And boy she sure can pack a sad already if she doesn't get her own way! I dread to think what she will be like as she gets older! LOL So yes, she is loving standing and walking (while holding our fingers) and gets very frustrated indeed when she is sitting on the floor!

We might pop round to see Steph's parents at some stage today but will see what sort of mood Rachel is in when she wakes up from her morning sleep. And definitely got to do some serious menu planning etc for her party which is now less than 3 weeks away!

Right before I go - just gotta share a couple of recent photos of our princess with you all... Hope you all are having a good weekend :)

In my new swing on the deck - I love sitting in here with Mum or Dad pushing me!!


Having a ride on my trike (which turns in to a walker)

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Wow, she really is getting big! Love the picture of her in her swing, don't they just love swings?!!!

Kate said...

Aww look at her all growing up and stuff! She's so cute :-) Yay, your blog looks great. I love that header, hehe.

Jules said...

She's so big now!! She has the same bike as Phoebe, although it's been passed to Sian now.

And I think it's Neve, I have a mate with a wee girl with the same name, then again, these days who knows how anything is spelled.

Rachel said...

She's going to be walking next....arrrrrgggghhhhh!

Lyn said...

My kids had one of those trikes in the last pic of Rachel ... they loved it! Boy time has gone fast!

Paula said...

Rachel is certainly growing up fast! It's hard to believe that her first birthday is just around the corner!

If I remember rightly, Stephan and your wedding anniversary is this week - so happy anniversary!!

I hope you've had a good weekend and enjoyed the extra day off. Have a good week.

Tania said...

Awwwww ... look at those teeth! She's adorable.