Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hi ya

Thought I would just do a quick post before Steph gets home and has his turn on the laptop :)

Yeap I am at home again... had another rough weekend with coughing etc... worked on Monday but all I got from everyone was "when are you going home", "haven't you gone home yet", "do you have to cough all the time" and "shhhhhhhhh" so managed to see the day out but was exhausted when I got home. Called in sick on Tuesday and then went back to the Dr (refused to see the locum I saw last week) and after this one listened to my coughing and checked out my chest I was diagnosed with a mild case of Bronchitis so am on AB's for that! He also gave me two days off work... Tuesday and Wednesday. Nice to be able to rest but got restless as my brain was still working! LOL Then even though I had a rough night last night, I went to work today but by lunch time I had enough subtle hints to head home again... and at this stage won't go in tomorrow either! I just want to shake this damn thing but this is the 3rd week of it now and it is really starting to piss me off big time! I seem to be spending more and more time in the loo coughing up phlegm! Am thinking that surely the AB's should have started working by now so if I am still no better tomorrow I will call the nurse and have a chat with her and perhaps need to go back yet again!

I also have a job interview tomorrow - so hopefully I won't be coughing too much though it is usually when I am talking that I get the coughing fits... though they do know I am sick as I could hardly talk when they rung me on Tuesday to say I had been short listed and to arrange the interview. This job is located in the Hutt Valley so would be a LOT closer to home and save me so much travelling time every day. I would be able to do a full days work and still be home earlier than I am now (and I am working 6.75hrs day)! Money is a bit less but when you look at the 2K that I spend on train passes each year and the time I spend commuting each way each day... (about an hr each way each day). There are also some great benefits for working for this company (which will be revealed IF I get the job) so that helps out weigh the lower salary.

Rachel is getting more and more adventurous and stubborn! Boy she sure knows what she wants and can throw a right paddy when she can't have it! She loves her swing outside and every morning when she gets home and we come out to the lounge - all she does is point to the door leading to the swing and bangs on the windows etc! She is now loving her ride on/walk along toy and spends ages walking around the place - she just has to learn to change direction without walking into everything and getting stuck! LOL She is very accident prone and must have at least 2/3 accidents a week at daycare when she looses her balance and hits her head etc... we have got a good collection of accident forms already which I plan to keep and make into a scrapbook for her!

Speaking of scrapbooking, I have been checking out some of the digital scrap booking sites but still get totally confused! Might have to ask for some help from some of the great scrap booking bloggers on here! :)

Anyway, Steph and Rachel are due home shortly... might go back to my Sudoku book. Oh god the coughing is starting again now! BUGGER!

6 comments:

Anne said...

You are having a really bad run with illnesses, lets hope the warmer weather helps!

I took a look at the digital scrapbooking as well and like you -I'm confused!

Good luck with the job interview.

Jaxx said...

Know what you mean about the digital scrapbooking I also get so confused, and the cough is bloody awful. Good luck with the job interview tomorrow :)

Paula said...

Apologies for my lack of comments - we just returned from Oz in the early hours of Tuesday morning, so I'm still catching up.

Sorry to hear that you have had the recurring health problems - hopefully you'll be on top of them soon and feeling 100% well before we see you next month.

Good luck for the job interview today - I hope it goes well. It sounds so much more convenient for you, and having less time travelling may be good for your body healthwise.

We have a lovely little park just down the road from us which I'm sure Rachel will love when you are in Christchurch - and I'm sure it has a swing suitable for young kids.

Take care ... and must catch up soon.

- Paula (Christchurch)

Chris H said...

I used to get a bad cough that lasted for months whenever I got a cold... so can sympathise! Funnily enough since we moved here from Hamilton I've never had a bad cough! Hope I don't get them again in Auckland. Have a great weekend chick.

Chubbymum said...

I am here if you ever want to learn about digital scrapbooking hun. I got Katiepie on to it and look at her now. I don't know if you have checked out mine but here it is http://cmscrapbooking.blogspot.com. Good luck for the interview hun and hopefully it all turns out the way you want it to.

Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Tania said...

Hope that the cough is starting to break up a bit and you're feeling better!

How did the job interview go? Isn't it amazing how many things change when we become parents, time is so much more important than money how.

Gotta love that accident prone age, I remember it well, a different bruise or mark all the time and yet they get back up and do the same thing again and again - what a shame that we learn fear as we get older.