Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A belated Merry Christmas to you all (or those that are still out there that read)! I did mean to do an update on Christmas Eve but poor Rachel ended back at the Drs yet again!

After the constipation issue that I mentioned in my last blog, we were back at the Drs on the Friday with a suspected ear infection and high temp, then on Sunday she came out in spots on her feet, legs, arms - so Monday we were back at the Drs for confirmation that it was in fact Hand, Foot and Mouth (from the chicken pox family) which had just started going around daycare! No treatment for it as it is viral - so just have to wait it out and keep her away from other young children/babies for the time being. And then be extra vigilant about washing hands after nappy changes etc (which of course we all ready do).

We are off to Christchurch today and have emailed Jules so hopefully we may get the chance to catch up with her while we are there. Suitcases are packed (apart from last minute stuff) - gees I can't get over how much stuff one needs to take for a toddler! LOL And I thought I was bad when I went away.... LOL Charlie (the cockatiel) started his holiday last night (at a friend of Helena's) so its nice and peaceful here this morning though Rachel is wondering where he is!

Anyway, time for Rachel's breakfast... best I get moving - just wanted to do a post before disappearing for a week. Hope you all had a fantastic Christmas with your family, friends and loved ones. And may you all have a safe and happy new year and I will catch up with you when I get back next year! :) Thanks to all of those that stayed reading and supporting me over the last year despite this going from a weight loss blog to a general family one. I am hoping 2008 will be the year that I get my motivation back and get back on to the weight loss issue! Thanks again xxx

8 comments:

Felicity said...

have a lovely holiday happy New Year to u and your family

Chubbymum said...

Babe... we had all those when my boys were young... we had everything going and you know what better that they have them now because later on they have had it all and seem to get better at catching NOTHING he he... so understand.

Have a great New Year my friend
Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Tania said...

I hope that 2008 is a year where Rachel doesn't get sick as often. Hope you have a wonderful trip away. I think many of us can relate to getting things happening with the weight loss again next year - I know I need to!

Chris H said...

I hope you have a wonderful time in Christchurch! And if you meet up with Jules say "Hi" from me!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a lovely time away!

Jaxx said...

Hope you have a wonderful time away also am just letting you know I have started blogging again in my original blog and it is now public again.

Chubbymum said...

Happy New Year hun

Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com

Jules said...

Oh dear sweets, I have had a crazy time with sick kids and completely missed your email, if you are still here let me know.

Julesxx