Saturday, January 05, 2008

Happy New Year

Hi everyone

Happy New Year to you all and may 2008 bring each and everyone of you what you wish for and desire!

I know for myself personally I am going to set myself some goals for 2008 - not so much NY resolutions but just goals that I want to achieve. I guess in a roundabout way they are the same things but I like the word "goal" better than resolution. I did have some in mind when I was in bed last night but do you think for the like of me that I can recall what they were??? Nope - can't recall one of them! So will do some thinking and will post them in a new post once I have them listed down.

We had an awesome holiday in Christchurch and I so didn't want to come home! I love Christchurch and want to go back! Between you and I - there is PROBABLY a job coming up down there that one of the bosses down there is encouraging me to apply for IF it comes up so am waiting in anticipation for it to be advertised but then of course I still have to actually get the role - not just apply for it and get it! We did a day trip to Timaru on the Saturday and that was great also - especially catching up with Stephan's cousins down there who I get on really well with (get on better with them than I do with my own cousins). Rachel was so good especially since she had never met any of them before then! Took her a couple of mins to settle in and then she moved around the house as if she owned it and just loved their two dogs (one golden lab and one chocolate lab) and the dogs loved her too!

I don't want to go back to work on Monday either - I am throughly enjoying being at home with Rachel now she is bigger and exploring so much more and talking non stop! Okay most of it we can't understand but boy she sure can talk (wonder where she gets that from)!!! She is so, so close to walking now - in fact the day we left Christchurch she did take a couple of steps by herself just before we were due to leave for the airport! And then she did another couple on Friday when Mum was here so walking is definitely going to be happening real soon...

Anyway, this has taken me a lot longer to write as our neighbour just popped around to say we had left the lights on in the car.. and we got talking (as you do). They are moving to Australia next week which is a bummer as they have a 7mth old girl and I was really looking forward to her and Rachel growing up together and being friends!

It is now after 10pm (so much for an early night) - so will sign off and leave you with some photos of our princess!

Santa's wee helper


Artist at work


Fun in the pool


Look I'm on a big kids bike


Family Photo



The "girls" - Rachel, myself and Paula


Look - I'm standing!

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Oh what beautiful photos!!! So nice to hear you had a wonderful holiday... oooo Christchurch is lovley, but friggin cold in winter mate!

Paula said...

Hi Karen,

Glad you enjoyed your holiday :) We enjoyed having you guys to stay - and you're more than welcome to come back and stay again in the future. Fingers crossed that the job eventuates and you get the opportunity to apply for it - would be great to have you down here (and it's really not THAT cold in winter ... lol).

How was your first day back at work? I hope you didn't go back to too much backlog.

Oh ... had to rustle up another batch of a certain jelly slice yesterday for a barbecue we hosted here - thought of you guys while I was making it! Lmao.

Have a good week.

Tania said...

Happy New Year Karen! Glad you had a lovely holiday, fingers crossed regarding the job. Just wait until Rachel takes off, there'll be no stopping her then.

Helena said...

What an awesome Chrissy you had! Tie down all the furniture Miss Rachel is on her way!

Anne said...

Happy New Year - hope you have a great 2008!!

Your lifes will change once little Rachel gets walking - sounds like she will be of anytime soon!!

Paula said...

Happy Birthday Karen! We hope that you have a wonderful day.

Cheers,
Paula & Chris