Monday, February 04, 2008

I can do this!!!

I have bitten the bullet as the parenting forum that I belong to has started up a 12 week "Biggest Loser Competition" with the Biggest Loser receiving a pampering voucher (paid for by the rest of the team who each pay $5).

We just send a PM (Private Message) to the lady who is doing all the spreadsheet work and then each week she will post the % loss for all the competitors so am hoping that this will provide me with some motivation to get my big fat arse off the chair and to lose some weight.

Am going to work on the eating/drinking side of things first and then slowly TRY to reintroduce some exercise regime! One of the ladies who is doing it has also been successful in losing weight in the last 12mths and has posted a basic "at home" fitness programe for those of us who can't get to the gym or can't afford to go...

So with the support from there and the support from all of my blogger friends I know I can do this! My initial goal is to lose 6 kilos in the 12 weeks which is a simple 500gms per week. I don't want to aim for anything to high - would rather have a small goal and do more rather than a big goal and not get there. It's gonna be a stressful time as well to do this, with the house going on the market on the 18th Feb and then of course all the open homes and keeping the place tidy all the time with a 15mth old who loves terrorising the place!

Anyway, best I get moving as I want to make our lunches for tomorrow... Catch ya all later

6 comments:

Yummy Mummy said...

well done karen on grabbing the bull by the horns!
very doable goal as well!
Welldoen and good luck!

Lyn said...

How very cool to have a support network like that with being all mums like you. I found I just couldn't lose weight until that light switched on in my own head.

Anne said...

Love your title! And you know that you can do it!!! Lyn mentioned about the light being switched on - and I think yours has:-)

Good luck and we will be here to support you.

Paula said...

Karen, you sound motivated and I'm sure with that attitude success is possible. I too have started on a lifestyle change this week, so hopefully we can support each other along the way.

I hope you enjoy your days off work over the next week.

Cheers,
Paula (Christchurch)

Tania said...

Well done Karen - I look forward to following your progress over the next 12 weeks.

Jules said...

You've done it before Karen, you can do it again, and you have so much more incentive now, you have a bubba to be happy and healthy for.