Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hi all

Once again I have been meaning to post for the last week saying that I am going to be a regular poster but haven't quite made it on here... well not to post anyway. But have been reading all the blogs (and posting when I have the time).

Not a lot happening here - just plodding on day by day. Have organised a date to put the house on the market which is the 18th February. So we have 2 1/2 weeks to do the decluttering, tidying, and sorting everything out. To be honest I am pretty scared of all that lies ahead of us as I haven't done the selling part before (as ex bought me out when we separated) so am pretty nervous but we have a fantastic agent who will be us all of the way. I do have 5 days off after Watangi Day next week so am aiming to get heaps done then and Mum is going to come and help me on one or two of those days.

Rachel is doing really well - walking most of the time now - only crawling if she has to! Though we have had her back at the Drs twice in the last 24 hours as when I was at the Dr yesterday (for a few things), I mentioned Rachel's bump and a few concerns we had about her since the accident so Dr suggested we bring her back down once I got home... so did that and she is still suffering from a mild case of post concussion so have to keep an eye on her - but do you know how hard it is to "tell" a 15 mth old who has just learnt to walk to be careful and not to fall over! LOL So basically we just have to watch out for her and if she has another big fall to the head (esp within the next 4 weeks) we need to get her checked out straight away as apparently that is the most vunernable time for toddlers and head injuries. And then today Daycare rung to say she just wasn't herself being grizzly, wanting cuddles and holding her ear so Steph collected her and took her back to the Dr as her ears hadn't been checked last night but everything is all clear! So think she may just be going through a clingy, grizzly stage that she will hopefully grow out of soon.

Work is diabolical and so full on that some days I am struggling to really get through work and then everything at home as well... yeah I know I need some "me" time but just can't seem to programme that it in at the moment but am working on it especially since I have a few vouchers to use that I got for my birthday so some time out doing that will be fun sometime in the next few weeks if I can.

As for the role in Christchurch that I have mentioned - well I have applied for it requesting it to be considered as a secondment so at the end of the 12mths I would still have my current role to go back to if things didn't work out in Christchurch. Applications closed on Monday so am hoping to hear back by Waitangi Day (next Wednesday) so will keep you posted.

Right, its now 9.40pm and I am knackered and need some sleep - well if I can with this heat! Have a fairly full on weekend ahead of us so will try to update with some more photos after that...

C'ya :)

5 comments:

Anne said...

Loads goin on in your life Karen - and maybe changed up ahead. Good luck with the sale, the move and job application:-)

Paula said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Paula said...

Good luck with the job application - my fingers are crossed for you!

I hope Rachel is back to 100% soon - those bumps are inevitable unfortunately as children.

Enjoy your five days off later this week - I hope that you get everything done that you want to achieve, but that you also find some time to relax.

Good luck with the house sale.

Will catch up soon.

Cheers,
Paula (Christchurch)

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen

Good luck with all thats going on - I hope it all goes well.
Would love to catch up??

Paula (Paraparaumu)

Tania said...

Fingers crossed that you're rewarded with a quick, hassle-free sale on your house! Glad you have some time off to prepare for it.

Hope Rachel is doing better - once they learn to walk there's no stopping them!