Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Bugger... didn't realise it had been a whole week since my last update! Time sure does fly by...

So what's been happening - not to much really.

For those not on FB - I will report in a gain of 700gms this week! :( No one to blame but myself for the crap that I chose to eat at times!

Had a visit from Janene on Monday evening and BOY OH BOY she is looking fantastic!!! And OMG the amount of clothes that she left for me is amazing! It has doubled the size of my wardrobe!!! Wore of pair of the work pants today and despite being just a little bit long they were really comfy! Thank you so much Janene and I look forward to getting to small for them as well and being able to pass them on to someone who needs them!

We got some pixifotos done of Rachel which have in turn almost bankrupted us with what they charge! But we are really pleased that we got them done as they are gorgeous! Have tried downloading them to here but because of the format (from being scanned at work) I can't get them to download so will need to take photos of the photos and then download them from the camera to here. So watch this space...

Oh I have been a whole 8 days with no coke...no coke zero... and oh just 1 V after a restless night with Rachel waking. I did buy one today but did not enjoy much at all!

Have got Stephan's fathers birthday dinner on Saturday night so need to make a nice dessert for that. Then on Sunday, we have our friends Lynaire and Kev coming for lunch so am going to make a salmon and potato frittata for that or perhaps a self crusting quiche.

But we did get some great news on Monday - Stephan's cousin (from Timaru) and her daughter and a friend of her daughters are coming to Wellington for a long weekend in May! They managed to get $10 seats on grabaseat so we are so looking forward to seeing her! I get on better with her than my own cousins and we are going to have a good wine and gossip session when she arrives. She is staying with us while her daughter and friend stay with friends in town and party on the town! :)

On another note, a dear friend of mine from work is going through a very worrying time as her father (in his 80's) had a standard op on his knee and has reacted to the morphine and is not well at all! Is currently in ICU and not recognising my friend or her mother! Very sad so am hoping for the best for them all!

Right, time to get moving... catch ya all later :)

Edited to add.... Annie thanks for your comment on my last post, I have just seen it. The gym that I was going to was a private one in Upper Hutt and was women only. Unfortunately, Robyn moved overseas and sold the gym. It has now moved into bigger premises and become open for both men and women! Oh - are you the same Annie (from Petone) I used to email ages ago??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hiya Karen - yes I'm that Annie! :)

I googled "Gym" and "Hutt" and ended up at your old blog! (I did a blog search because I wanted real person accounts and not just advertising!) You were gong great guns back then - it sure is much harder to put yourself first when you're a Mum isn't it!
I'm making a big effort to lose the *ahem* baby weight (just how many years has it been?!) now I have a bit more time, but I think we've decided to hire a treadmill from LAFitness for 3 months (while my husband is away) then I'll re-visit the gym idea after that.
LA Fitness have a "lose 10kg and keep your hire machine for free" thing going if you hire for 6 months but I'm still thinking on that....

I pop into this blog from time to time to see if there are any pics of that gorgeous girl of yours! Hope you'll keep blogging, and be successful for your first short term weight goal! I've broken mine up into smaller goals...seems less of a mission that way!

Thanks for the info re the gym - might look at configure express in a few months as they have them all over the place and that could be convenient.

Best to you :)))))
Annie.

Tania said...

Well done on cutting back on the coke - it's all these small steps that really add up! Stay focussed and you'll turn that gain into a bigger loss next week.

Can't wait to see your photos of Rachel - we're going to Pixi Fotos later in the year (once Mikayla is sitting on her own) for a collection and I can't wait.

Have a good weekend - I hope your friends dad improves soon.