Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hi all

Just a quickie before I head to bed...

I managed to lose 1.3 kilos this week which I am very happy with!!! I am doing a 8 week challenge on the parenting forum... first week I stayed the same, second week I gained 400gms.... so the loss this week has really made my day! Though, the chocolate I had today probably hasn't helped the scales move in the right direction.... oh well tomorrow is another day!

Went out for dinner last night with people from work (Few out of towners in town) and we went to a nice pub in Wellington and I had a yummy roast pork with veggies. It was really nice being out and about catching up with friends and fellow workmates.

Water has been a bit slack but I am trying :) Very trying as some would say! LOL Been to "scared" to try the corn thins in case I don't like them. I had a packet of them and a tin of tuna in my hand at the supermarket this evening but just couldn't bring myself to buy them! *chicken* LOL

Got my sisters wedding in Jan 2010, so should set myself a target for then... something small and reasonable like I did for my own wedding, cause once I got to the target (10 kilos) I was so pumped and just kept on going!!! Also got my nephews wedding in 4 weeks (my sisters oldest son) so nothing major gonna happen between now and then but will just keep on plodding on and would be very happy if I can lose a total of 5 kilos by then... but even 3 kilos lighter and I would be happy! We will probably go and stay at mum's for the weekend as the wedding (my nephews) is on a Friday and a BBQ is happening on the Saturday so might as well stay up the coast and relax and have a good time. Also my brother from Christchurch will be up, and my brother from Aussie will be here so it will be good chance to catch up with both of them.

Oh if any readers are on Facebook, and haven't added me as a friend yet, please do so (Karen Brownie) as I do post lots of photos on there and daily status updates as to how things are going.

Night all

6 comments:

Jaxx said...

Congrats on the loss, must check out your facebook I keep forgetting about them :-)

Anne said...

Well done on the loss Karen!!! You have a few events to aim for so good luck:-)

I'm sure you will like the corn thins, LOL I'm not sure about the tuna though!!! I have the corn thins just as they are or with a bit of vegemite. The Lite Saldas (green packet) are nice as well with the Light Laughing Cow spreadable cheese.

Miss Coops said...

Great job on the weight loss. I'll go and add you as a friend now. Have a good day x

Jules said...

Oh sweets, that is an awesome loss. I have a wedding (my best mates) on 21st March and I was hoping to be in double digits by then but, with it only just over four weeks away I don't see that happening with 6.8kg to go. That's without weighing in tomorrow.

I have been a bit slack with Blair away. I need to get some corn thins and Philly!! MMMMMMMM.

Tania said...

FANTASTIC loss Karen!!! So, so pleased for you and so glad to see you're still blogging!

Anonymous said...

Karen, in your previous weightloss blog you mentioned a gym (in Lower Hutt - I think???). It sounded really good with great support from Robyn. Is this one of the mainstream gyms...or a women's only one? Is it still going? LOL sorry for all the questions!! I'm looking at joining a gym soon to boost my own weightloss effort over the Winter and I was hoping for a reccommendation :D.