Monday, June 08, 2009

Sorry that I have been MIA but I am around and plodding on. Just been to tired most evenings to update here and well the weekends just fly by!

Been off work today (and last Friday) with the beginnings of a chest infection after going to the After Hrs on Sat night. The Antibiotics do seem to be working but thought I would take today off to stay home, keep warm and rest and let the AB's do their job! I think that may have been a good idea as definitely starting to feel better so fingers crossed for another good nights sleep and all will be right for work in the morning. One thing I was able to do today with being home, was to take Rachel to the Dr this afternoon (she was at creche until then) as she had spots/blisters around her hip area on both sides... turns out it some form of warts (viral maybe) so have got some wart paint to put on them once a day. Though when we were walking into the Dr's room, he did ask which one of us was he seeing as I walked in while having a coughing fit! LOL It was not our usual Dr as our one is on holiday but this guy was really good with Rachel.

Missed the gym last Thursday due to not feeling well - at that stage it was a nasty headcold and blocked sinuses. And then as it got progressively worse over the weekend, I missed Sunday morning too and don't think I will be there tomorrow either if little simple tasks make me cough... I would hate to see what a work out would do to me! LOL So will see how things go for Thursday evening.

Looking forward to Saturday morning as I have arranged to meet Rachel's former caregiver from her old creche for morning tea at a cafe and it will be a surprise for Rachel so I know she will just love seeing Lisa as she adored her and still talks about her heaps. Then on Sat afternoon, we are going to pick up an oven that we won on Trade Me this afternoon - hope it is nice and clean!! LOL - couldn't resist that bit since I realised after bidding on it that it was actually Jo selling it and we were having a joke about oven cleaning being the worst job in the entire world! Also means we can have a look at all of the hard work Jo and Jeremy have been doing on the house!

We really do need to do something about the heating in this place as it is so cold at times. I was freezing sitting here today so ended up in bed with the electric blanket on to keep warm, fell asleep and woke up just in the nick of time to get Rachel from creche and to the Drs on time!

Weight is not going down very fast but still need to make more of an effort to get back on track with the healthy eating.

Anyway, am starting to freeze again and the electric blanket is calling me... catch ya all later :)

4 comments:

Janine said...

Sounds like sleep is what you would have needed though, I am slowly learning to listen to my body and sleep when it wants to. Hope you are back in full action soon.

Anne said...

Hope you soon feel better - grotty time of year for colds and infections.

LOL I was reading about you bidding for an oven and thought it would be funny if it was Jo's - and it was!!

Chris H said...

Hee hee.. I have been known to go to bed in the middle of the day just to get warm too! Up here it isn't as bad as Palmy though, which is fantastic! Perhaps you should move north!

Tania said...

Sounds like you're as attached to your electric blanket as I am to mine - hope you're feeling better!