Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh well another 3 weeks has gone by without me doing an update - bloody slack if you ask me! LOL I keep meaning to update at least once a week but never quite get around to it with everything else that happens in my life in the evenings!

Rachel recovered from her flu nicely and luckily (for both of us) that I did not get it - well just a little bit - no where near as bad as she had it anyway! She is also well and truely toilet trained both day and night now! Although on saying that, we did have our first accident over night - first one since wearing no nappies about 10 days ago! I did hear her calling out to me at some stage this morning, but as I had already gotten up to her a few times, I called out for her to go back to sleep so it could be partially my fault there but I certainly don't recall her saying that she needed to go toilet like she usually does if she wakes needing to go during the night. We are having issues with some very early waking and wanting to get up at some ungodly hour but she is usually pretty good at going back to bed for awhile but does not go back to sleep... so is therefore tired early on, has a big day sleep and then the cycle begins again... Have tried putting her to bed earlier, later and limiting her day sleep to 1 hr (she definitely still needs that but maybe that is just because she is so tired from waking early) but nothing has worked so far... may just have to accept that she is going to be a morning person (which I used to be) and as long as she continues to go back to bed until at least 6am then I guess I can work with that. Have got some good photos of her recently but as I am doing this update from work, I can not share them today but they were on Facebook a couple of weeks ago so most of you may have already seen them.

Am still gyming - most weeks we go twice and occasionally we do get there at the weekend too but that is a struggle most weekends as I do value my family time so much and often promise Rachel we will do something and then later remember that I should be at the gym instead! If it wasn't for my gym buddy, Marianne I would definitely be struggling BIG time to get there at all but once she gets me there, I love it!!! LOL Though, on saying that I have had a issue with my right foot which I initially thought was related to the very old sneakers I was wearing but have since got new supportive sneakers and am still having the pain etc. Mentioned it to one of the Personal Trainers last night, and she suggested seeing a Dr or physio so will add that to my list of things to do when we have some spare cash.

Oh we got our heat pump installed a couple of weeks ago, and we are LOVING it! We have it running 24/7 - sitting on the lowest setting of 16 degrees over night and all day when we are at work, and in the evenings, it can sit between 20-23 degrees depending how cold it is etc... Love being able to finish the clothes off under it on the clothes horse rather than in the dryer! We generally use the carport clothes line during the day, then bring it in and leave it under the heat pump over night and its all fine in the mornings. Only once have I put a fully wet (straight from the machine) load straight on the clothes horse and under the heat pump and it was still dry within about 20hrs or so! With the old gas heater, if I did something like that, it would have taken at least a couple of days! Have only used the dehumidifer a couple of times since the heat pump was installed as well as there is so much less condensation through the house!

Am heading to Christchurch for a work visit at the end of August - staying for one night so aim to catch up with either my brother or some dear friends for dinner that night. Am looking forward to it, especially the night in a hotel - the thought of that luxury with no 2 year old waking me up sounds bloody bliss!!! Am hoping that Stephan will wake if Rachel needs him that one night but am sure everything will be ok. It will be my first night away from Rachel since having her!! I know some say we are crazy but we don't have big social lifes or money to spare to have nights away so there has been no need to have her stay anywhere else.

Anyway, best I get back to work - am working on a project at the moment which can be a bit boring yet over whelming too at times so thought I would take a wee break from it.

Catch ya all later :)

5 comments:

Janine said...

Nice to see a post from you.
Question: - What is your power bill liek with the Heat Pump? Our last power bill for just running wall heaters was $762.00 and they are meant to be cost effective panel heaters.......HUH!!

I can fully understand Rachel not having spent a night away from you. I know that my sister in law didn't have a night away from her kids at all untill she was in hospital having the next one!!!

Paula said...

Oooh ... you're visiting Christchurch!!! Yah!!! I hope we can catch up. Are you allowed to add on an annual leave day and stay an extra day ... mmm, might know somewhere you can stay for free for the extra night!! Lol. Seriously, you know you are welcome to stay anytime if you want to add an extra night to your time down here and I could possibly swing a day off work if you did. Just a thought!

Hope all is well. Must catch up sometime soon. Caught up with someone we both know on Saturday night.

Glad you are enjoying your heatpump. :)

Jules said...

What dates you down?? Would love to catch up if I can get into Christchurch? Maybe you me and Paula could tee it up??

I am in Wellington 21 - 23rd August for my cousin's 30th so we could maybe meet then?

Let me know.

Tania said...

Glad to hear the heat pump has made life more comfortable for you all!

Were Rachel and Lachlan separated at birth???? lol ... the amount of times i've read something in your blog and could relate to it exactly is incredible, we've been there with the sleep thing too, only ours was worse in the opposite way - we couldn't get him to go to bed at night - we ended up stopping his day nap completely and found he slept more solidly at night!

Margaret said...

A meet up with Chch bloggers sounds like a plan? what do you think, even for a coffee?