Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Woohoo!! It is the first day of spring today!!! Roll on Summer is all I have to say! :) Though it is only 4 weeks till daylight savings... Just checked and it is Sunday 27th September so not long to go now till longer lighter days! :)

So what have I been up to for the last 5 weeks or so... hmmmm nothing to exciting really. Just plodding on as usual with work, Rachel, gym (when I get there) and other normal day to day stuff. The weekends are flying by far to quickly for my liking especially when there is so much I would like to do!

I had my trip to Christchurch last week which was fantastic! Caught up with a good friend of mine Paula (now a private blogger) and also met the wonderful, lovely Margaret. Paula, always wonderful great to see you and to catch up on all the goss!! Oh I updated Lynaire on "who know whos wedding info"! LOL Margaret - was great meeting you! And thank you so, so much for the wonderful gollywog that you bought for Rachel! She loves it!



Speaking of Rachel, she is growing up so, so fast! Only 2 months till she is 3! OMG where have the last 3 years gone?? Getting asked lots now about when we are having the next one... and as much as I would LOVE another child, it's just not a doable option for us right now. Maybe in another year or so, we will be able to look at trying, then by the time I had "it", Rachel would be at school but then I would also be 40!! Which I know is not to old these days to be having children but it does scare me a wee bit being that old... but lots of time to talk these things through with Stephan :) Rachel has finally "self weaned" herself off her night bottle... her bedtime bottle (well before bed actually) is the only one she has been having for over a year but didn't really matter to us that much. Then on Sunday evening, she told me she didn't want a bottle anymore cause it hurt her mouth... and that bottles were for babies! So 2 nights without it so far, and all is going well. Her language is amazing and it is wonderful listening to her chat away and having conversations with her. I often get asked "how was your day mummy" when I walk in the door at night... another one I get "I missed you mummy" awwwwwwww
Rachel has had a bad run with the flu over the last month - with temps, runny nose, coughing etc... but hopefully she is almost over it now - still has a bit of runny nose but that's about it.

Unfortunately I now seem to have caught some of Rachel's germs, and have a nasty cough... went to work yesterday and got told I should have stayed at home. So after a rough night of lots of coughing... I decided to stay home today. So have done sweet bugger all, just sleeping, reading, surfing the net and generally just doing nothing but chilling out!

Heat pump is fantastic!!! Got our first proper bill couple of weeks ago - $100 cheaper than the month before!! $220 for 1 month so was quite happy with that bill!

Anyway, should probably make tracks now as I want to be able to have an early dinner with Rachel (rather than her eating early before I get home) and then us eating later... and the mince is still semi frozen so need to get that thawed first!

Catch ya later :)






8 comments:

Janine said...

She certainly is growing up really fast. I just love her curls.......whose side are they from?

Karen said...

Thanks Janine. The curls are from both sides - my brother has/had hair like her and so does Stephan's sister... and oh my grandmother (on Dad's side) had lovely curls too!

Anne said...

Can't believe how much Rachel is growing up! And those curls - just gorgeous:-) Have to also say Rachel looks like she has lots of character.

Anonymous said...

Cute photos Karen! They do grow so fast don't they! Hard to keep up. Kate (kittie444)

Chris H said...

3!!!! I can't believe she is 3... my god time flies.
She is adorable, and her hair is just so cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow Karen, Rachel is so grown up now! Can't wait to see her, next time I'm in Welly.

Steff

Tania said...

She is just adorable, and if she's anything like my 3 year old no doubt full of cheek too ... lol

Keep the countdown going Karen, not long now until daylight savings, I can't wait.

Anonymous said...

wow 3 yes time has flown by. I love the photos happy smile she is just so cute.
Felicity