Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Not going to say to much tonight... mainly cause I don't have a lot to say... Thanks for all your opinions on cloth nappies, I certainly didn't mean to start any debate etc so might keep the nappy topic quiet for the timebeing but have taken all comments on board and I will discuss them with Steph... and I know in due course we will make our decision once we have explored all optionsl.

Work today was busy but have no idea what I will do tomorrow as I am all up to date with EVERYTHING... very tempting to call in and have a sick day but no point in wasting a sick day when they might be very well required later in the pregnancy so will probably see if I can help the boss with his backlog of filing... gees I hate filing but done in small lots it is bearable :)

Feeling a bit blah this evening (just these damn hormones I think) so I might head to bed early I think... oh speaking of which I must go and put my electric blanket on so my bed is nice and cosy.

Catch ya all later

8 comments:

JustJo said...

Hey chick! Hope you get an early night like you want and have a restful sleep.... Be happy :)

Jaxx said...

Have to laugh at the nappie debate - everything I had planned re the babies went out the door once they were actually here. I remeber telling my mum "I wont be doing this and that..." and she would say lets see what happens when the babies come and she was so right until they arrived I really had no idea even though I thought I knew it all LOL.

Take care Jaxx

Kate said...

The nappy debate is very interesting!! People have a lot of different experiences, and it's great to hear from everyone - and soon you'll be in the position to tell us what you think is the best way :-)

Hehe, why don't you start the dummy debate next? That one would be interesting!! (by the way, I swore NO DUMMY - I think we got to the first or second night before I was frantically searching for one! lol).

Take care of yourself hun, if you feel like a day off, just take it.

Lynda said...

LOL - I agree with Kate above. You will do what is best for you. Joanna was planning to use cloth but we just never got around to them.

The wonderful thing is that we are talking about this and that baby is well!! AND you will hold that baby in your arms Karen... isn't that something? :)

Anonymous said...

.....Not *really* a debate just people mentioning their own experiences, and look out ahead because you'll get a *TON* of that. LOL, welcome to Mummy-to-be-hood!!
Nappies, dummies (yuck!), breastfeeding - or not, whatever....people can be quite passionate about what *they* find to work in what can sometimes be quite a stressful job (child rearing.).
But honestly, it's other parents sharing their experiences with you and truly understanding what it's like with all the decisions & dilemmas that will ultimately help make the time of having a new baby one of the best of your life :o)

Are you and Steph going to do an antenatal course (LOL, and I'm totally not saying I think you should!) I just wanted to mention that some of the women I did my course with in L. Hutt (there were 12 of us) have totally - ok then 97% - kept me sane the past 4 years. We're still regularly in touch and still sharing experiences.

Mummyhood rocks. :o)

Anonymous said...

I should have really said...
The Sisterhood of Mummydom rocks!

OK....Back to the nappies....(mine that is, not the discussion....)

Anne said...

Love Lynda's comment:) You are going to get that little baby!!

Kate said...

Hehe, and I just have to stick my 2 cents worth in again, I definitely recommend antentatal classes! Ours were fantastic and invaluable - I was just sad that as second timers this time we got the lowest priority on the waiting list and missed out (could have gone to different ones of course).