Sunday, July 16, 2006

Gees another weekend has flown by.... can't believe I haven't updated since Thursday night but the time has just disappeared on me!!!!

Friday was an ok day at work... L was on leave so was just the boss and I so it was pretty quiet really. The new lady (who is taking Judes role) is starting 14th August so that will be great to have another member on the team who knows what she is doing! Friday night - I did sweet bugger all really - cooked a real yummy tuna pasta bake for tea (since we had takeaways on Thursday night) and did some of the housework and was in bed by just after 9pm!

Saturday - let me think - had a wee sleep in, did the washing, then popped up to Judes place to meet her son and to collect the pair of bears that I had given her when she was sick so they now have pride of place in the middle of our bed. Then Steph and I hit the road, got 2 panel heaters from the DVS store, picked up the head support for the capsule/pram that I got on TM, popped in to see a friend in Tawa for a catchup and yakker, then up to Porirua - grabbed some lunch, then to Bunnings Warehouse and got the power point fittings we needed and priced up the light fittings we want in the lounge and also priced the 3 in 1 bathroom light fittings before heading home. Home briefly for a toilet stop and then out to do the groceries, picked up a fresh pizza from Supermarket for tea and then got real restless so unpacked 3 more boxes - mainly just photos and my ceramics for the shelves in the spare room... then unpacked the 2 bags of shoes that had been sitting in our room since the day we moved in. Am getting rid of about 8 pairs I think - can't be bothered selling them on TM so will just drop them off to the Salvation Army shop at some stage. Then we watched "Little Nicky" on TV, I headed to bed 1/2 way through movie and watched the last 1/2 in bed. So that was both Friday and Saturday night that I was in bed by just after 9pm!

Today, the sun was shining when I woke, so bounced out of bed about 8.30am, and after showering and having breakfast, I got into the baking for the girls get together this afternoon so made a batch of bran muffins (with no oil or butter in them) and a batch of crispy lemon muffins. Then after the dishes were done, we popped up to Upper Hutt to collect a parcel of baby clothes that I had won on TM but the postie was too lazy to bring down to our house so had to collect it from Books and More, then a quick stop at Steph's parents place and dropped off my 2 pairs of pants that need taking up and hopefully will have them back next weekend all going well. Home, lunch and some more tidying up of some wee bits before the girls started arriving. Had a awesome time with them catching up and boy there were some great laughs to be had! It was great seeing everyone and we really do need to have these catch ups more reguarly!

After the girls had left, I folded the washing, washed my car (after all there is only so much hinting one can give their partners) - I would have washed the station wagon as well had I not been pregnant but just doing mine buggered me! LOL Now I am here blobbing out and Steph has just made a meatloaf for dinner.... so after that I might organise my lunch for tomorrow and then have a bubble bath before having another early night. Hopefully I will be ok for work tomorrow as I have had a sore throat off and on over the weekend and it seems to be getting worse at the moment but will see how I am doing in the morning...

Hope you have all had a good weekend and that you all have a great week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The slighest bit of a sickness and you are contemplating being of work - you're pregnant, you don't have some kind of disease!!! From Kate

Rachel said...

Hi honey, thanks for a great afternoon yesterday and that yummy baking.

Anne said...

Hope you are feeling better. Bad tiem of year for sore throats - take care:)